Financial Analyst (Internship)
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Financial Analyst (Internship)

Career booster with the CIP program

I am been very skeptical about internships abroad because I had a personal conviction that many of these programs are hyped. I many time tread cautiously whenever trekking unknown grounds! I ALWAYS do. Just consider this! Which young graduate will to work for an organization? Seem unheard of right? Anyway, let’s think about it again.
If you can afford the monetary commitments, and you are in need of a career development with international touch, then you should give this a try. It's certainly a GAME CHANGER.
I decided to take a 2017 internship with CIP in Shanghai and it was really an eye-opening project. I had already traveled to Beijing twice to learn Chinese language with Peking University. I am in my penultimate year but interning in Asia’s financial center was never a dream I thought could happen as quick. Though I have been in Beijing and comfortable with the cultural expectations, I was skeptical of what to expect in Shanghai. I was not too worried also because I felt both cities share some similarities.
As an Intern, I worked as a financial analyst and I learned so much. I got to know that there are so many opportunities at the senior level for foreigners in China. I learned so much more about managing time as a professional as I had to blend my tight schedules with client meetings and Business Development.
Our housing apartments are located in Jing’An District which is downtown Shanghai with easy traveling time to work each morning and so much nightlife.
CIP organized so many trips and cultural activities which were really interesting and created a vibrant intern community.
I understand interns are not paid in China but in my case, the host company was generous enough to offer some form of compensation. I made so many friends and connections over the 12-week program.
Overall, the program was properly administered by the CIP Team and was so prompt in response.

First internship experience

First impression about China is very impressive. There were several opportunities to network with professionals from all aspects. The program is great as the career mentoring and coaching exposed me to hind sides that I could not have figured out myself. The program directors and supervisors at CIP are very supportive and always available.
My confidence level has improved considerably as most of my roles require conducting meetings with clients and negotiating contracts and closing deals. Practicing industry jargons in Chinese which is awesome.
I will recommend CIP to any student or young graduates looking to explore their career options.