Finance Associate in China (Financial internships)
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Finance Associate in China (Financial internships)

Commendation and applause

As the saying goes “first instincts always the best”. Often, you'll hear people say that you should "trust your instincts" when making decisions. Being in a dilemma as to where to do my intern abroad program really got to me.
I’m Joseph (citizen of USA) and had the privilege to undertake a 2 months internship program in Shanghai, China. At the beginning, I was offered a similar program in Hong Kong but my gut instincts opt for Shanghai, China. The busy vibrant city with its unique riverside and financial Hub is one of the most wanted places everyone should be. My 9 weeks internship in Shanghai will be one of the unforgettable memories in my life.
I count myself very lucky to be an intern in an Accounting Firm in Shanghai, directly working with the General Manager (for that matter). As accounting intern in the Tax Department, some of my roles included assembling and organizing clients information, preparing reports that highlight the expected results of tax returns, input client data, reconciling final tax returns with expected results, among others.
I see myself “on-top” with the new skills acquired.
Thanks, CIP; thanks to my internship accounting firm; thanks, Shanghai; and lastly, thanks to China.
I would recommend this program to anyone interested in developing his/her career abroad.