Corporate Services Intern and HR Intern
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Corporate Services Intern and HR Intern

Be part of the winning team

I must confess my internship in China was not only about work but also, an opportunity to experience China’s rich culture. This exciting experience opened my mind and made me a better person.
Moreover, finding myself in Shanghai made my internship (stay) very entertaining.
Working at a renowned hotel with the HR Team enabled me to learn key human resources practices such as hiring, procurement, development, training and appraisal of the employees. Also, I was privileged to interact with all staff and importantly, make new friends.
It was an exciting journey and most grateful to CIP Team for making it possible.

Internship in the right direction

Arriving in China on that faithful day was indeed a day to remember. Assisted by CIP Team at the airport (on arrival), checked into my excellent place of abode and other welcoming package exceeded my expectation.
I got placed at a well-known firm in Beijing where I was assigned Human Resource roles as my daily activities. Some of my duties included posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, observing and taking note at staff salary negotiations, meetings, other events, and staff related assigned tasks.
Also to mention was the historical (cultural) sightseeing organized By CIP.
In sum, it was a productive internship program full of good memories.

Starting on a good note

One key advice my Dad reiterate to me every day is that – I should not shy away from new people and surroundings. Rather, I should embrace them. Starting my internship in China (Shanghai) was something worth doing, and I’m so glad I chose such destination.
Quickly, I processed my visa with the assistance of CIP and arrived on time for the program. The apartment was very spacious – with kitchen and bathroom, and on top of it all – best roommate to share ideas and comfort.
Working with a reputable organization as an HR (intern) gave a practical definition as to how people should be treated even when they were at fault. Among some core functions learn on the job were - posting job offers, resumes reviewing, building good interrelationship with other departments (employees), employee benefits managements, filing and maintenance, data entries, memo circulation, taking minutes at meetings, and other related employee services.
Moreover, there were cultural sites organized by CIP – The Great Wall, National Museum, together with company parties (events).
It was great to be here and recommend this program to YOU.