Asset Management Internship in China
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Asset Management Internship in China

Full of goodness and career breakthrough

Life, they say – is all about taking risk. If you don’t take such risk, then, you lose a chance.
But, in Finance, one takes such risk via hedging its investments in order to reduce any substantial losses or gains (yet to occur, future).
Having worked with an investment company in Shanghai helped me learn through rigorous training program covering pure arbitrage, value investing, and statistical arbitrage across multiple asset classes. Also, encouraged me to make significant contributions at all stages in the investment process, including sourcing, researching and modeling sophisticated investments, build and apply expertise in both fundamental and quantitative analysis and research to find new investment strategies.
It was very exciting interning in China and will recommend friends to the program.

Timely internship

This internship abroad has taught me many things in life. The program helped broaden my professional experience, opportunity to work with talented people and the chance to establish a network of professionals.
I am very confident because I know that I have lived in a country that has unique cultural values different from mine.
Firstly, I had the privilege to intern with a known accounting firm based in Shanghai and this enabled me to adapt to working on the global scene. Very experienced and dedicated workforce encouraged me in my daily activities. I thank CIP for such career opportunity.
As an accounting intern, I assisted in performing portfolio and partnership accounting, provide support to the investment management team, participate in the preparation of audit and tax data requests, review investment performance returns, administrative assistance to the fund accounting department, etc.
I had a great time working in China and if given the chance, I will do it again and again.