Asset Management Internship - China
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Asset Management Internship - China

Work and happiness during China internship

My internship journey these 3 months in Beijing (China) really left a remarkable career experience in my professional life. Full of lessons and social events made my stay memorable.

Arriving on time for the program helped me to explore and gain in-depth knowledge in my career field.
Being placed at the Finance Dept. of a trading company came with lots of responsibilities but as time passes by, I master confident in my daily activities. Some of these activities included reconciliation of accounts, support investment management issues, monitoring and evaluation of minor projects, providing technical support to team members and other administrative duties.

The seriousness of the program was well felt and thank the organizers, especially, CIP Team for such opportunity.
It is a great program and will entreat all to be part.

Changing life

Acquiring internship experience has helped me grow as a person both professionally and personally! I've learned so much about what my career entailed.
As an intern helped me to understand and assist retail customer complaints, partake in sustainability initiatives, research on clients portfolio investment and other financial advisory services
On the other hand, lots of social activities were organized by both CIP and my intern company. It was an amazing experience. I'll never forget. Hope to do it again and again.

Aftermath

As a woman and a young female student pursuing finance, I always hear people say – this is a difficult task, you cannot do it. Am glad to say that – this is NOT in my dictionary.
My internship in China was awesome and indeed broadened my academic perspective in the industry. Not only did I gain practical experience at my intern company but also helped me develop my career skills.
The program is very organized packed with corporate events and social activities (historical sites). During my time interning, I helped in the financial analyses of our clients, assisted the team with clients portfolio management, observe financial advice given to clients, building good relationship management, other related asset management techniques offered to our clients.
It was a long career journey full of lessons and hope to be back for real job.

“By Far, The Best”

It was a thrilling 9 weeks working experience in Shanghai (China) where I pursued my internship program. CIP program was incredibly helpful, understanding and flexible as far as career development is concerned.
Working with a reputable investment company in Shanghai, served as a career path and most importantly, encouraged me to express myself which has helped me view things in a different way. On the job skills gained are: assisting to review client’s assets, attending to client assets needs, asset valuation, and revaluation, assisting the team with expenditure planning, performing client database maintenance and other related duties.
I’m very excited to have made such a journey and also, thank CIP for such opportunity. Don’t be surprised if you see me here in China again?

BOLD DECISION

In this world, making a bold decision comes with a reward. I must confess, it was not easy taking this huge decision but as the saying goes “the end justifies the means”.
My 2 months internship in Shanghai was a stunning experience and very glad China was my first Asia country to begin. Permit me to express my deepest gratitude to CIP Team for their tremendous assistance in ensuring my accommodation, visa and internship job in China. Working among the dedicated workforce of Asset Management Team added more practical value to my academic knowledge. As an intern I was trained to analyze contract information, asset depreciations, write cost reports, issue payments due and purchase order, manage inventory, assists in the renegotiation exercise of customer contracts among others.
This has been the best experience of my life so far away from home. The creamy part of it all is that one gets to travel to historic places, meeting affable people and eating delicious traditional and continental cuisines.
To ALL friends and family, I say – make a bold decision now and move your career to the next level.