China Educators Teach and Study Program
China Educators  Header Image China Educators  Header Image

China Educators Teach and Study Program

Great introduction to China

I spent 6 months working for ChinaEducators, and it was a great way to be introduced to China. They set up your mobile, accommodation and bank account straight away. I had three 2 hour Chinese lessons a week and they were fantastic, i learnt pretty fast. Bear in mind that your commute could be quite long as the school i was situated at was an hour and a half from my flat, and i had to do office hours quite often which was great for practicing my Chinese but also got boring. Because your accommodation, food and lessons are covered your salary is relatively low, if you have a degree you could earn more elsewhere. Otherwise this is a really good programme, u felt really safe, i had loads of free time to explore other cities, the people from the company are super friendly and they are always organising extra activities for you like how to make dumplings, marathons and how to play mahjiang. These are just some things id wish id known before going, enjoy!

• Support Services

I really like how it gives an easy opportunity to begin proper English teaching

I really like how it gives an easy opportunity to begin proper English teaching, and that there's no worries on how to live in China and where to teach, as that's all done through the program. So basically doing it makes life easier than with a normal teaching job I suppose. Maybe the problem is that I had to change to teach at a lot of different schools when things happened, so sometimes my schedule would change a lot. And teaching 9 years old children is a lot of fun. My Chinese improved quickly here, but only because of more hours of class and more homework.

• Support Services

China experience is really great!

China experience is really great! I have had a few small problems, with my school and living situation, but nothing too bad! I am really liking the city and have made new friends and I learn more and more Chinese each week. Also the food is great!

• Support Services

I am enjoying my time in China so far.

I am enjoying my time in China so far. I have been given a fixed schedule, with Mandarin and English classes through out the week with two rest days. I admit adapting to the English teaching environment was a challenge in the beginning. Now I feel a lot more confident, the workplace and colleagues are all great. I've jumped on every opportunity to visit the historical and cultural sites around the area. The coordinators here are all very friendly and helpful. I study Mandarin and Chinese Characters whenever i have spare time.