Rutgers Coral Reef Internship
Central Caribbean Marine Institute (CCMI) Header Image Central Caribbean Marine Institute (CCMI) Header Image

Rutgers Coral Reef Internship

Smooth and engaging experience in little Cayman!

My experience at CCMI on Little Cayman shoved a lot of living and working into a three-week period. Not only did the internship provide essential educational and technical experience, but both the social and professional interactions that I carried out with the staff, interns, and others on the island were unforgettable and very valuable to the experience and my own personal convictions and personality. I learned a lot and gained a lot during my time at CCMI, not to mention the stunningly beautiful dives and snorkels on the reefs around the island, which were surreal. I will return at any and every opportunity.

Unforgettable

The staff at CCMI are all wonderful hosts, teachers, and friends. I enjoyed learning and having conversations with each and every person on station. Each meal, cooked by the amazing Ms. Em, was always delicious and creative. Plus, nothing beats the diving in Little Cayman!

Working in paradise

It was a great experience to work in a beautiful place filled with marine life. It was also a honor to work with such a great team of professional scientists, I learned a great deal during this experience

One of the best experiences of my life

The Rutgers Coral Reef Internship Program at the Central Caribbean Marine Institute (CCMI) was one of the best experiences of my life. It is truly hard to put this one of a kind opportunity into words and it is best left to be experienced first hand. I would highly recommend this opportunity to anyone that has a love, passion, or interest for the ocean and our coral reefs. Many people state that Walt Disney World is one of the most magical places on Earth but I would have to disagree with that statement and would argue that Little Cayman is THE most magical place on Earth!