CEA Study Abroad in Florence, Italy
CEA Header Image CEA Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Florence, Italy

La bella vita

I was someone who never thought I would credit my time abroad as the best months of my life. I chose to go because I felt like this was my only opportunity to travel extensively. I believed that doing this would quench my thirst for international travel. I was so wrong.

It's been almost a year since I returned from my semester abroad in Florence with CEA. I have never wanted anything more than to rewind time and go back. I credit much of this to CEA and the onsite staff and experience they were able to offer.

Unlike many other study abroad organizations, CEA operates out of a small office building in the center of the city. This means classes are small and centrally located. Classmates are all American students going through the same nerve-racking, yet thrilling experience as you. This was so important to me as I was daunted by the idea of feeling lost at a large, foreign university. This also meant that I could arrange to go abroad with my hometown best friend who had taken a different path than me after high school. CEA made it both possible and easy to make these arrangements and ensure we would have courses together and ultimately be roommates. It was a four month long sleepover.

The onsite staff with CEA took care of us all as if we were there own children. I always felt safe and supported in anything I wanted to pursue. It was clear that the staff were there because they truly wanted to be, and didn't just fall into these job positions. I was able to have a constant source of information from these locals who offered parental-type care when desired. The onsite staff ensured we experienced authentic, cultural opportunities and planned many of these excursions: basketweaving with tuscan locals, wine tasting in a tuscan vineyard, book binding with a professional artisan, cooking class with an Italian chef etc.

I could go on and on about my experience, but nothing will truly convey how wonderful it was.

Life Changing Times

My study abroad experience is, without a doubt, the best thing I have ever done. The CEA staff and professors make the experience fun and memorable! I met so many incredible people, and I plan to go back as soon as possible to see all the friends I made during my time in Italy.

Best Decision I've Ever Made

Coming to Italy was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and CEA made my experience even better. If you're not sure whether or not to study abroad, just do it! It will change your life.

The staff at CEA are amazing and so helpful. Any question I have, they're more than willing to answer, and they often drop what they're doing to help out.

The apartment I was assigned to was so comfortable, and our view was gorgeous.

I have had a great experience so far and am very glad I got the chance to have this experience. It is really neat to see the different culture in Italy.

Make the best decision - CEA Florence!!

CEA Florence is the main course. Florence cannot help but leave an everlasting impression on you. Florence will not just become a place you "live" but a place you call "home".

Nice

The apartments were really nice and the professors were great.

A great experience and a chance to have fun and explore in new ways

A great experience and a chance to have fun and explore in new ways.

A home away from home

My experience with CEA Global Education was remarkable. The moment I walked into my home stay, I felt welcomed and loved, even though my host mother barely spoke a word of English. In retrospect, the trials and challenges turned out to be my fondest memories. The most significant element in being abroad during an immersion process is the people you meet along the way. Grayson Splane and Ian Bickerton were two CEA faculty members who left a tremendous impact on me. CEA provided me with a refined perception of cultural diversity and appreciation. The central location of the school facility helped me form a wonderful relationship and love for Florence. Now that I'm back home in Chicago, I feel full of passion and energy, and excited to embrace my future endeavors.