CEA Study Abroad in Alicante, Spain
CEA Study Abroad Header Image CEA Study Abroad Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Alicante, Spain

A growing experience

Before my time abroad I had not spent much time away from home. I attend university relatively close to my hometown and this experience was the first time I feel like I genuinely was able to stand on my own. Beautiful Alicante gave me the perfect balance of work and fun, with its easygoing, slow paced lifestyle and great nightlife(from chill and cozy live music bars to full sized clubs open until 6 AM, there's something for everyone) , and the location was perfect for travel within Spain and throughout Europe. The activities organized by CEA taught me a lot about the local culture and bonded me with my group. I experienced a few challenges during my time there, but I was lucky enough to have prompt and helpful support staff that was just a message away. All in all, I am incredibly grateful for this experience and think everyone could benefit from it.

• CEA responded to this review June 05, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Hello and thank you for the inspiring account of your study abroad experience. It’s so nice to hear stories of personal growth accomplished through our programs. We couldn’t be happier for you! - CEA

General experience

My experience abroad has been great so far. I have travelled a lot and experienced/learned many new things. I also feel that I have adapted very well to the Spanish life style. I traveled a lot around Spain and learned a lot about the people and culture. I am having a wonderful time and really enjoying my experience. Alicante is a wonderful city. It is small and is more of an authentic experience than a large city with many tourists. The people are very friendly and will help you with your Spanish. They really like to see students try and practice. Within the program there were fun activities planned to show you around the area. The only thing I wish were different were certain ways in which the program management handles issues and interactions with the students. The process for resolving issues involving the program, especially the housing, was not always very clear and at times chaotic. While initially smooth, many easily solvable issues were often ignored or solved far slower than they should have. In certain instances, students issues were not taken seriously and accompanied by instances of unprofessional - borderline condescending- interactions. Other than that Alicante is a great city for you to immerse yourself into Spanish culture and lifestyle.

• CEA responded to this review June 05, 2018 at 10:56 AM

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you enjoyed studying abroad in Alicante and would like to speak with you further to find out how we can do better in the future. Please contact us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad. - CEA

Home away from home

Living and studying in Alicante, Spain was nothing short of the best four months of my life. The people are beyond friendly and the city thrives on the tourist season as summer approaches. Beautiful sites of the ocean, castles, and architecture are everywhere you go. The city is large enough that there is plenty to do but small enough that you start to recognize familiar faces around and bump into friends around the city. Alicante was the perfect mix of culture of compassionate and energetic people, making this place feel like a home in no time.

My Experience

It's very interesting and exciting!

Really great

It has been really great!

Interesting

It’s very interesting and exciting!

Alicante

Lots of freedom to explore the town.

My Experience

The most influential and cultural experience of my life.

Beste experience ever.

The Coolest Thing

Coolest thing I've ever done!

My Experience

It has been really great!