Study and Intern with the CAPA Shanghai Program
CAPA The Global Education Network Header Image CAPA The Global Education Network Header Image

Study and Intern with the CAPA Shanghai Program

The best memories are not planned

I studied abroad with 20 other classmates in Shanghai China in addition to Beijing, Wuzhen and Hangshan. We lived in dorms for about a month at East China Normal University; the dorms were overall very nice and modern, although we did have trouble with the Wi-Fi and heating. With CAPA we were help to visit some of the popular tourists sites such as the Great Wall, the Yu Garden, the Summer Palace, an old water town and 2 temples. Although I wish I spent more time at these amazing and beautiful sites, I am happy with the amount of sites we saw in such a short amount of time. Guiding use through China was both CAPA guide and translator, both were very helpful and informative about Chinese culture. My favorites are the Great Wall and Yellow Mountain. I feel climbing the Great Wall while in China is a must because of the amazing architecture and beautiful views. I also recommend climbing Yellow Mountain here you are able to admire breath taking views and get a good work-out at the same time. While in China I studied eastern and western medicine and visited a museum based on traditional Chinese medicine. Our main method of transportation was the metro which was a little chaotic with 20 people, but it was the fastest form of transportation. The traditional Chinese food was probably my most interesting experience. Some foods and places to eat I would recommend are lychees, the rice, Coco Party which is a small cafe in Shanghai with great sandwiches and milkshakes and I suggest future study abroad students try a hot pot restaurant. Overall, enjoyed my experience and highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in travel because it will change you for the better and you will make life long friendships.

The seed of adventure is planted

If you are a geek about Asian culture and value professional and character development this is a program for you. I wanted to interact with locals and explore, but also wanted my study abroad experience to be an investment for my future. The internship experience provided invaluable lessons while also having ample opportunities to seek out adventure both personally and through the program. I am more than satisfied with my decision to study abroad with CAPA and recommend it to other students who want to get more out studying abroad than just partying in another country. Studying abroad will be one of the most valuable decisions you will make as a college student and I encourage you take in as much as you can while you're over there. Good luck! 加油!

CAPA has weekly "My Education" events built into the program that get you out and about. Some highlights include the Forbidden Palace, the Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall, and a weekend trip to Shanghai. Often native Chinese students accompany your group. It's a great way to see and experience a lot at a great convenience.

I felt well prepared prior to leaving for China and was confident in the staff during my study abroad term.