CANFF Sport and Development Volunteer
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Education
- Public Health
- Water Projects
- Youth Development
1-2 Years, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 7-12 Months, 9-12 Weeks, Multiple Year
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
* Plane ticket (to be purchased by the volunteer)
* Travel Insurance (to be purchased by the volunteer before departure)
* USD 500 CANFF application fee (paid via donation to CANFF)
* A cell phone and internet USB (additional minutes will be purchased by the volunteer)
* Room and board (paid weekly/biweekly by the volunteer to the host family)
* Transport to and from the airport to homestay
Experience RequiredYes. The volunteer needs to understand the demands of living in the developing world. Additionally, although it is not "mandatory" per se, it is strongly suggested that the volunteer have a working knowledge of Spanish, have lived or traveled abroad to the developing world, have teaching experience, and like or have played soccer.
* A working knowledge of Spanish.
* Previous teaching experience.
* Familiar with and/or plays soccer.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to live in the developing world and understands the demands to live in the developing world.
* Must be patient, self motivated, creative, resourceful, and able to adapt to and handle the stress of being in a completely unfamiliar environment.
* Must be able to live with a host family, which may or may not lack amenities that the volunteer is used to in their native country.
* Needs to understand that the volunteer will spend long hours in the Central American sun.
* Must have a current, valid passport and travel insurance.
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application