Camp Thailand Header Image Camp Thailand Header Image

Camp Thailand Odyssey Programme

The best time of my life!

I would recommend Camp Thailand to absolutely everyone and anyone! From teaching in the schools, helping at the orphanage, seeing the sights, all the activities and the crazy hard partying!!! It was literally a perfect mix! You really get to experience the Thai culture and see what a different world it is to what we are use to, it makes you so so grateful for what you have at home! But also you can fully have fun and enjoy it in your own way too! I did Camp C, met true friends for life! Crazy amazing memories! And I'm dying to go back, I went for 1 month and ended up staying in Thailand for 6. If your considering doing it, then I'd 100% recommend it, embrace Thailand and I'm sure you'll fall in love like I did!

Camp Thailand - Camp B

I was on the January 2017 intake for Camp Thailand Camp B, which is titled The Real Thailand Experience. I was pretty apprehensive about the experience, as I had no idea what to expect, but I can honestly hand on heart say that it was by far the best experience of my life, and I met the most amazing people while I was there, and continue to keep in touch with them! The staff at camp are really so hospitable, like all of the Thai people, and they can't do enough to help you. We were based in Kra Sang, and were teaching English in the local schools around the villages surrounding, which was a really humbling experience, as the children often were very poor but happier and more full of life than any I'd ever met at home. The accommodation at camp was very homely, as the social area has a TV and hammocks and tables and there was always people around down there, and the rooms are shared, which I really enjoyed as you instantly become a lot closer to people. The social life at camp was also really good, as often when we got back from teaching for the day, there would be an activity planned for the evening, or we would go out for dinner, and often end up at a local bar. However, if we didn't want to go out one night and juts wanted to chill, they were fine with that, so the choice was completely up to us which I liked a lot. I paid extra to take part in the Bangkok tour at the start of the trip, which everyone on my intake also paid for, as there was only 10 people on my intake, which is a small group, but I was grateful for it, as I got to know everyone well. It was definitely an experience to see Bangkok, as expected it was nothing like the rural parts of Thailand, but fun all the same. I also paid extra to go to Cambodia for four days during my time at camp, which I would definitely recommend doing, as although they're neighbouring and have lots of similarities, Cambodia and Thailand are different. We stayed in Siem Reap and went to Pub Street for two nights, which is essentially the strip where all the pubs are, hence the name. We also got to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat Temple which is one of the 7 classic wonders of the world, which was a really amazing experience. We also visited the Elephant Village, and were lucky enough to be able to spend the day with the elephants, feeding them, bathing them and walking them. We also saw a temple at the village and made paper out of elephant poo which was as weird as it sounds. The most humbling part of the trip was seeing the floating village in Cambodia, as there was extreme poverty there. We had the opportunity to be able to donate rice to feed the orphans in the school so I and the other intake who were with me didn't hesitate to do that. The final part of the trip was a stay on Koh Samed, one of the islands, and this was without a shadow of a doubt my favourite part of the trip, as nothing is planned by the reps for this part, it's completely up to you what you want to do, and then the reps will help you sort it all out. My intake went snorkelling around different islands on a speedboat, went to the UV paint bar, went to multiple beach bars, and travelled around to all the islands viewpoints and beaches in the day. Some of my intake stayed at the accommodation for some of the days as they just wanted to be on the beach, which was fine, so it really is very much your choice on what you do.
Overall, if I could re do the whole Month I'd do it in a heartbeat. It really was the best experience of my life and I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested.

My camp Thailand experience

I was a part of camp Thailand from Aug - Sep 2015 , and I can honestly say taking part in this amazing experience was one of the best things I've ever done. From hands on teaching in schools , hearing the children learn English and grow first hand from your own input is an indescribable experience. We visited schools all around thailand . Some which had very little or no funding for books and supplies , and was able to provide the schools with learning equipment such as reading books , pens pencils and educational games and even playing facilities in their play ground such as climbing frames . Seeing the children's faces light up and even the teachers who were overwhelmed with gratitude was a life changing experience for us all. We also visited local orphanages and spent time with the children teaching them English which was an emotionally touching and humbling experience. There is no other programme offering what Camp Thailand does in Thailand , the life changing work of the team had made a huge difference all over Thailand and also changed my own perspective on life in a positive way. Alongside teaching I was able to travel to Cambodia and sight see several parts of Thailand and other islands , what better opportunity is there to be able to travel , sight see , and make a difference to lives. The camp intake for my month ranged from a variety of people all over the UK and even USA , I've truly met friends for life through camp Thailand , the perfect combination of fun partying , making a difference in the community and being able to travel safely with new friends from the camp , truly was a once in a lifetime experience ! I urge anyone with an interest in Camp Thailand to go for it ! You could make a difference too and have the time of your life !

Best experience!

Camp Thailand is by far the best thing i have done!

In March 2016 i decided to head out to Thailand with Camp Thailand and it was easily the best thing i have experienced, i was extremely nervous going out to a foreign country such as Thailand by myself but the amazing office staff helped me out every step of the way before my trip, i was emailing them all the time with 101 questions about visas, flights, accommodation ect. but they where more then happy to answer and help me out whenever they could!

When i got off the plane in Thailand all my worries went away, as soon as i met my reps and everyone else on the intake i had a feeling that the month was going to be something to remember and that it was!

From touring Bangkok, going to camp and spending the day at the local lake, teaching English to the most well mannered and adorable kids, going to a 3 day water festival called Songkran, spending time with the elephants, going to Cambodia and having some fun nights out! i honestly don't think we could have squeezed any more in the month!

I have met the most amazing friends and i have memories that will now last a lifetime!

Camp Thailand Camp C experience

Camp Thailand to was the best experience of my life!

I took part in Camp Thailand in the summer of 2016 and I went to Camp C in Chiang Mai. Me and a friend went together however, by the end of the first night I was friends with everyone in my group!
We began our journey in Bangkok and we joined the Bangkok tour which was soo much fun! We spent the first night getting to know everyone in the Camp C group at a rooftop bar in Bangkok where there was lots of good food, games, dancing and alcohol. We then spent the first day in Bangkok on the tour, we visited the Bangkok temples (which were beautiful) and then we had the afternoon on a longboat around the Bangkok canals.

From Bangkok we got on a sleeper train to Chiang Mai which was a really cool experience, we set of at 7pm and arrived into Chiang Mai at 7:30 the next morning feeling refreshed after our surprisingly good nights sleep (They make you a bed and give you pillows and blankets). We then spent the rest of our time in Chiang Mai which is such a lovely place. Whilst there we
- Spent 2 nights in an elephant sanctuary
- Taught in a range of schools
- Visited an orphanage
- Spent a lot of time at the amazing night markets
- Bungee Jumping
- Water rafting
- Celebrated birthdays
- Bike tour of Chiang Mai
- Spent two nights in Pai (A really cool traveller town not too far from Chiang Mai)

Overall, Camp Thailand was an amazing opportunity for me, I cared for elephants, taught English to lots of really cool children, had my heart warmed by the amazing children in the orphanage, made some of the best memories and made friends for life! Finally I cant forget to give the reps a massive shout out Noah, Budgie, Chompooh, Tic and Lee, they were supportive, funny and the best reps we could have wished for!!

Exceptional, once in a lifetime experience

I had an amazing time in Thailand as all the reps were very helpful and friendly, as they always went the extra mile to make the experience great. The accommodation was lovely and all the trips I took part in were excellently organised. I would go back in a heart beat.

Eye opener

This trip with camp Thailand really did open my eyes to how other cultures are and how the less fortunate live their daily lives. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an adventure and to meet some amazing people. Teaching the children in the schools is so rewarding and I've never seen children so happy to be taught by new teachers. This made me a much more confident person, Such a great experience.

Great learning experience

Camp Thailand is an excellent way to travel and make new friends along the way. Teaching in the schools is so much fun and you are supported all the way. Materials and lesson ideas are provided and the days are so full of fun that they pass so quickly. You really see how much the children love your visit to their school.
During free time there is so much to do with your new friends and camp staff are always happy to help you arrange anything.
Camp Thailand is a very rewarding and great value way to travel!

Breathtaking!

Worth every single penny! My experience was life changing. I loved every second of it, the people the kids, the reps all of them were amazing! Camp Thailand is an amazing way to travel and experience fantastic activities as every body else is in the same boat as you, traveling for the first time and Camp Thailand provide constant 24/7 support for when ever you need it, and the reps are such a laugh to be around. For myself it was my first time traveling alone and being at camp I made a lot of friends so it made the whole experience feel so much more organized and safer along with a friendly, awesome atmosphere, and the activities were out of this world!!!

A month well spent

It's very easy to say that an experience volunteering abroad has changed you as a person, but I say with great sincerity that this is exactly what Camp Thailand did for me (for the better, of course!).

This was my first ever trip out of the EU on my first ever passport which was less than a year old, scary right?!

This programme is a fantastic step for anyone wanting to experience something different, volunteer, make friends, change lives and just indulge yourself in an entirely new culture.

The staff are absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough to make sure we were settled and happy, accommodation you stay in for the month is modern and clean, the volunteering is fully immersive and eye opening and overall the entire trip is great fun. You'll come home having experienced so many different things, random events, temples, shrines, markets, random adventures, villages and towns, schools and nurseries and met so many new people, all amazing memories you will never forget.

The only recommendations I will ever have for anyone reading this is: relax, have an open mind to everyone and everything and ALWAYS take a backpack rather than a suitcase, a good, strong backpack.

Life changing

My time at camp thailand was amazing. It was a time where the photos I have don't even do it justice, trying to explain how amazing it was is impossible. I think for me, it was the little things that made the experience. I met friends for life and had the best time, I didn't want to come home and it's so sad leaving everybody. The only way you will ever know how great it is, is to do it. It was the best decision I ever made, you get to see things you'd never see and do things you'd never normally do. I had the best time of my life without a doubt, I never felt homesick because everybody made you feel welcome, and having my camp mates there it was like we was a little family. I made memories which will stay with me for life. It's boosted my confidence and has spurred me on do go out there and see more of the world. As soon as I landed in England I wanted to be back at camp, I've never missed anything so much, and I can't thank everyone enough for making it the most amazing experience of my life.

Camp Thailand/Cambodia

Just finished university. Didn't know what to do, so I decided to put off adult life and travel. Me and my friend found Camp Thailand, loved the idea of travelling South East Asia, and thought "why not".
Sadly, one week before we were due to head out there, the King of Thailand died. Panic ensued. Luckily for us, Camp Thailand was on the case. They contacted everyone and told us they have decided to move us to Camp Cambodia, the only extra cost was the entry visa into the country, $30.
Loved every day there. There was always something going on, even on free days someone on the intake will be wandering into town, or testing the skill of the tuk tuk drivers weaving in and out of other tuk tuks. The Cambodian staff and locals were great people, always laughing and just enjoying life. They even organised a game of football at the local astroturf, but were no match for us Brits. However, they soon showed us up at volleyball, bringing shame to us all.
The Elephant Sanctuary was a real eye opener, the owners there are really interesting people and you'll learn a lot from them. You'll sit around the bonfire with a few beers, they'll tell you about their work, only to be interrupted by singing and dancing rangers, or the sound of the elephant, who slept a mere 100m away.
Teaching the children was amazing too, if you like kids, you'll love the schools. Always wanting to play between classes whether its football, tag, or just spinning them around. You'll see them progress with their english during your time there, and the smiles on their faces are worth it. Everyone at the school is grateful of you, just make sure to pull your weight.
You'll make loads of friends out there, meet interesting people, create great stories, try to hide embarrassing stories. If you make the effort you'll have a great time. I even got a job in China as a result of the TEFL course and teaching experience.

TLDR: Do it.

Can't wait to go back!

I had an absolutely amazing time at camp Thailand with the highlight being seeing those kids faces from a simple hello they thought you were amazing and the happiness you brought them from simple teachings and games is an unforgettable memory. The elephant village was also another highlight seeing how the animals were treated and how they were teaching each other to change their ways for the better gave you a complete in site to a different life. The Thai people in general are so friendly and you meet some amazing people and friends for life! I have had the bug to go back the minute I stepped foot on my flight back from Bangkok! Definitely an experience of a lifetime and one I won't forget! :-) #campthailand

Camp Thailand

I came here to experience Thailand and teach English. Although I have been here less than a month I feel like my experience with Camp Thailand has already taught me so much about Thailand and Thai culture. And they placed me at a great school as well so I'm happy with this organization and I recommend it!