Camp Thailand (CT) Teaching Jobs
Camp Thailand Header Image Camp Thailand Header Image

Camp Thailand (CT) Teaching Jobs

Camp Thailand review

Camp Thailand proved to me that it is possible to do anything you set your mind to. I graduated university last year and left with no real career aims. I came out to Thailand and found Camp Thailand. The programme itself is the most rewarding experience I have ever been involved in. I had no prior teaching experience before setting out but the training and support I received quickly got me up to standard. With Camp Thailand I travelled to areas of the country that needed free English teaching the most. Some of the school children in the rural villages I travelled to had scarcely even seen a westerner let alone been taught by a group of westerners. The joy and amazement that this brought to the children's faces gives you a satisfaction that no material thing ever can.
On top of the teaching Camp Thailand has lots more to offer. I bathed and fed elephants in a river. Trekked through the jungle with elephants. I watched countless sunsets over jungle covered mountains and from beaches with a vast sea views. I went to ancient temples and went fishing for the largest freshwater fish in the world. In my free time I partied hard in Bangkok and other cities, towns, beaches and jungles. To top it all off I met countless amounts of people, many of which will be life long friends.
With the qualification I earned whilst doing Camp Thailand I now work full time as an English teacher in a Thai school and have no plans to go home.

Orientation program

After completing Camp Thailand’s orientation program in Bangkok, I received a 12-month placement in a grade 2 classroom in a private bilingual school in Central Bangkok. I found the orientation program to be a great asset to my teaching as it provided me with specific techniques suited to teaching Thai students. The staff’s extensive knowledge on Thai culture, customs and etiquette also helped to quickly orientate me with the culture, ensuring I had a smooth transition into teaching and living in Bangkok. I really recommend the orientation program for those new to teaching in Thailand as it helped me gain the confidence and skills I needed to be an English teacher. Being a teacher is one of the most rewarding jobs, and Thailand is a fantastic place to start!

TEFL and teacher training

I completed the TEFL course, received my TEFL certificate and also received a placement at a high school in Thailand from Philip and his TEFL course instructors. The lesson planning and teaching practice that the course provided was great preparation for my job teaching English in Thailand. Thanks to the skills I learned I have held 3 teaching jobs and helped hundreds of students improve their English skills. The course also provided great networking with other teachers and a great introduction to many aspects of Thai culture that are critical to effective teaching. I still keep in touch with the staff and their new project at Camp Thailand!

My Thai experience

As soon as I landed and for the next few days I was greeted with friendly faces by all of Camp Thailand's staff. The immersion into Thai culture was easy and enjoyable due to the extensive knowledge of the staff members. The orientation program in Bangkok went smooth and was very beneficial and helpful for understanding the Thai school system and for creating lesson plans. After orientation, my friend and I were placed together in Kamphaeng Phet province teaching English to Grade 3-5. This is where the orientation program really helped as it provides you with the necessary skills and techniques to teach in Thailand. I would recommend this course to anyone.