- CADIP - Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects
- Teaching and taking care of orphans
Teaching and taking care of orphans
The Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects offers a volunteering program in an orphanage home in the Eastern Region of Ghana. The home was established 12 years ago to take care of the growing number of neglected and abandoned children in the region. Today, the orphanage hosts 38 children (18 boys and 20 girls). Their ages range from eight to 16 years.
Volunteer will provide assistance to the staff of an orphanage, so that more time can be devoted to each child. Volunteers should be interested to teach children and youth from different backgrounds and have an open mind to understand student needs.
1. Help orphans have a childhood like any other child.
2. Teach, motivate and inspire neglected and abandoned children.
3. Assist children at the orphanage with their daily routines.
4. Participate in cultural activities, like drumming and dancing.
5. Spend up to a year living and volunteering in Ghana and learn about a new culture and lifestyle.
- English Teaching
- Social Work
- Youth Development
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 7-12 Months
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
Ghana: Accra Ghana: Accra Show less
Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects is looking for volunteers interested to teach children and youth from different backgrounds and have open mind
Ghana: Kordiabe Ghana: Kordiabe Show less
Volunteers in this Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects program will be involved in a pilot project where they teach children in Kordiabe, Ghana. If...