- CADIP - Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects
- Restoration of the Coastal Dunes of Sardinia
Restoration of the Coastal Dunes of Sardinia
Travel to Italy on a volunteer abroad program with the Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects. The project takes place in Posada, a small town located in a natural oasis of outstanding ecological value. In November 2013, the Mediterranean island of Sardinia was hit by Cyclone Cleopatra and a torrential rainstorm. As a result, rivers overflowed and the massive flooding caused a huge swath of destruction. Volunteers are needed to help improve the ecosystem of the dunes near the river Posada. A wooden walkway was build to prevent people from stepping on the dunes.
1. Join the environmental clean-up of Posada's littoral zone
2. Help the reconstruction of fences that separate the beach from the wetland
3. Make a difference in areas where help is really needed
4. Work and live together with other volunteers from around the world
5. Learn about unknown places and culture
- Building & Construction Projects
April 17 - April 22
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
Italy: Venice Italy: Venice Show less
In July 2015, a tornado hit the Riviera del Brenta area, damaging and destroying buildings, trees, and equipment. Riviera del Brenta is located between Venice and Padova,...
Italy: Milan Italy: Milan Show less
Spend 3 months in Italy, volunteering amidst the spectacular landscapes of the Brianza lakes, the eastern branch of Lake Como and the Alps. Participants are expected to help...
Italy: Catania Italy: Catania Show less
Cava d'Ispica in Sicily, Italy, can be considered as one of the most enchanting natural areas of the whole region, and it is also an important historical site that dates
Italy: Como Italy: Como Show less
Join this unique biological research and marine conservation project offered by the Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects. Help clean the beaches surrounding...
Italy: Lecco Italy: Lecco Show less
Monte Barro is a really interesting small mountain, located in a hilly area between Milan and Lecco. In such a small area (665 ha), volunteers will find a high variety of...