- CADIP - Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects
- Restoration of the Coastal Dunes of Sardinia
Restoration of the Coastal Dunes of Sardinia
Travel to Italy on a volunteer abroad program with the Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects. The project takes place in Posada, a small town located in a natural oasis of outstanding ecological value. In November 2013, the Mediterranean island of Sardinia was hit by Cyclone Cleopatra and a torrential rainstorm. As a result, rivers overflowed and the massive flooding caused a huge swath of destruction. Volunteers are needed to help improve the ecosystem of the dunes near the river Posada. A wooden walkway was build to prevent people from stepping on the dunes.
1. Join the environmental clean-up of Posada's littoral zone
2. Help the reconstruction of fences that separate the beach from the wetland
3. Make a difference in areas where help is really needed
4. Work and live together with other volunteers from around the world
5. Learn about unknown places and culture
April 17 - April 22
- Building & Construction Projects
This Program is open to
Italy: Venice Italy: Venice Show less
In July 2015, a tornado hit the Riviera del Brenta area, damaging and destroying buildings, trees, and equipment. Riviera del Brenta is located between Venice and Padova,...
Italy: Milan Italy: Milan Show less
Spend 3 months in Italy, volunteering amidst the spectacular landscapes of the Brianza lakes, the eastern branch of Lake Como and the Alps. Participants are expected to help...
Italy: Lecco Italy: Lecco Show less
Monte Barro is a really interesting small mountain, located in a hilly area between Milan and Lecco. In such a small area (665 ha), volunteers will find a high variety of...