BUNAC - Work Canada

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

BUNAC is a scam

Don't bother with these guys. Especially the IEC Canada program. I paid the $450 and went through all the hoops, got all my paperwork together, received an invite to apply from Canadian Immigration, filled out ALL the Canadian immigration application paperwork, and then.... Then the immigration paperwork asked for proof of my student status. Wait, what!?! BUNAC never said anything about a student requirement. In fact, all their website and customer support services say is "American passport holder between 18 and 35" can apply.
So I put in calls and inquiries with both Canadian Immigration AND BUNAC, and have still yet to receive any kind of response from either organization. The problem is, unless you complete your application within a certain time frame of receiving your Invitation to Apply, Canada will rescind your invite. So, my invite was rescinded. And I was unable to reapply because they had already allocated all their IEC visas at that point. Hence, I paid BUNAC $450 for them to forget to tell me that I need to be a student. Thanks for the lesson....

• BUNAC responded to this review November 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM

Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to review our Work Canada program - we always welcome feedback.

American passport holders aged 18 – 35 are eligible to apply to the program. Upon signing up, BUNAC provides instructions on all aspects of the application process, including what to provide in the student status section if the applicant is not a student. The IEC do outline a timeframe in which participants must submit their applications, as explained in the instructions you received from the BUNAC team. As US citizens cannot obtain an IEC visa for Canada without a letter from BUNAC, we are always ready to help anyone with any part of their application.

If you wish to receive any further advice on this matter or on any of our programs, please do not hesitate to get in touch at enquiries@bunac.org.usa