BUNAC - Intern in Britain
BUNAC students BUNAC students

BUNAC - Intern in Britain

Internship Experience with US-UK Fulbright, Winter 2013

I interned at the US-UK Fulbright Commission in London in the Winter of 2013. This was a phenomenal experience! I had to obtain and apply for my internship on my own, but BUNAC was there every step of the way helping me through the process of applying for my work visa. They were helpful in giving me the support and information I needed for the best possible experience. They were especially helpful when it came to providing social activities to get to know people outside of my internship placement. The pub meets that they hold every month helped me to foster wonderful friendships that I still have to this day. I would 100% recommend BUNAC and would use their services again in the future.

Intern in Britain

The BUNAC process was fairly easy, everything was explained in detail by both my program staff and BUNAC. Some of the parts about what to bring to the biometrics appointment were a little unclear prior to asking my program staff but after clarification everything went as planned. I'm having an amazing time in London and I love my internship, I'm very grateful for this experience

Market in London

There are a lot of interesting markets in London, such as Borough Market, Spitalfield Market and Camden Market. The markets have very good vibes and great food. The merchandises are very diverse. The decorations on the buildings around are very unique.

FinTech experience - London

I had no idea where to start in getting a visa to work in the UK. So what do you do if you don't know something? - google it. After a quick online search search I came across BUNAC, who would act as my sponsor and basically vouch that I was who I said I was etc. With their help I was able to navigate the intimidating international bureaucracy and come away with the right to work in the UK, which was helpful because my job offer was in London!

Fast forward 6 months since then and it has truly been an experience of a lifetime. I have traveled around Europe during Holiday and on the weekends - going to Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Hungary, The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Sweden. It's amazing how close and connected everything is via high speed train or even just taking a quick 50 minute flight from Heathrow. Seriously, I've been through Heathrow so many times that I've become a special member of British Airways. Also here's a pro tip for you - if you can, take the Express train from Heathrow, it's only 15 minutes versus at least 45 on the tube.

As far the the internship experience itself, I have met more people and learned more than I ever would've imagined. A highlight for me was working in a small team of people in a startup environment. Everyone had different accents and were from different places, making the work environment much more mentally stimulating and interesting than I was used to. I certainly have made the future easier for myself with this work and life experience from all that I've seen and experienced.

Rating of the experience as a whole = wouldn't trade it for anything.

Definitely recommend.

We find group working with BUNAC

As a International Internship Provider, We Find Group has had a great experience with BUNAC for Certificates of Sponsorship for our students! They are constantly improving which makes it easier to get our students through the sponsorship process. Additionally, BUNAC provides clear and concise step-by-step directions that make the process much easier to get through. For any questions along the way, there is always someone to contact that can answer your questions.

This year, I've worked directly with Brianna Prime and she is an absolute joy. She is always available and a huge help to our team.

I can't speak higher of our companies experience with BUNAC and would recommend them to any placement company needing to get Tier 5 visa sponsorships!

Interning in London, England

My experience thus far with BUNAC has been great! All the instructions provided were very clear and deadlines were also made clear too. They helped make the process of preparing to go abroad very easy.