Cuba Unlocked
Bright Light Volunteers Header Image Bright Light Volunteers Header Image

Cuba Unlocked

Can't wait to travel with Bright Light Again!

I took a group of students to Cuba this summer with Bright Light Volunteers. We had such a great time working on an organic farm in Vinales. There was a great blend of volunteering and cultural activities for our group. Our local guide, Eduardo, made this trip extra special. He was so warm, open, patient, intelligent and he told the best "yokes"! I plan to travel again with Bright Light to Peru next summer as well. Their prices are very affordable and everything was included.

Beauty, Culture and Service

A fantastic, once-in-a-lifetime experience! Living and working with my host family was so enriching. I will never forget the people I met, the salsa dancing, the beauty and traditions...I would recommend this to anyone with a taste for adventure and new cultures!

Unbelievable

LOVE LOVE LOVE CUBA!!! Wouldn't have wanted to go with any other group!! Kept busy and got to experience much of Cuba!! love that we enchanted very much in the cuban culture!! I had an awesome experience!! loved everything about this trip & the people!! everything was great!! would love to join another one of these trips!! life changing experience!! Casas we stayed at were the BEST!!

Once in a lifetime experience

My trip to Cuba exceeded my expectations. Everything was well organized. I look forward to my next trip with Bright Light Volunteers. Thank you so much for this amazing once in a lifetime experience.

Yoga movement Cuba trip - karma cleanse

See the storybook side of Cuba by traveling to Viñales and working on the Paradiso Organic Farm. See an actual Tobacco farm and how cigars are made by hand. Enjoy real Salsa dancing in the town plaza under the night sky. Relax with daily mindfulness and yoga with Jenny.

Cuba

This trip was such an incredible experience, I really enjoyed my time getting to know the group, the locals and volunteering on the organic farm. Both Catherine & Jenny did a great job with keeping a healthy balance of yoga, volunteering and sightseeing/excursions for the group. I can't wait to hear about the next volunteering yoga opportunity.

Thank you for arranging such a wonderful trip for all of us!

-Olga

Service Learning Aboard with Bright Light Volunteeers

Hello. My name is Jonathan Shepherd and I wanted to take a moment to write a personal review regarding my experiences traveling aboard with Bright Light Volunteers. Our program consisted of 4 days in Havana Cuba and 4 days in Vinales Cuba. While in both destinations, our guides were very courtous, knowledgeable, and fun to be around. The cultural aspect of the trip far exceeded my expectations, especially working on the organic farm in Vinales. Of all my experiences traveling aboard, I must say that this experience with Bright Lights was the most educational and rewarding of all my travels.

Cuba Unlocked review

Great experience! I have traveled with Bright Light Volunteers on numerous occasions. They are professional, well-organized, and sincere in their efforts to make the world a brighter place. Highly recommend!!!

Wonderful trip to Cuba

When I was a child, Cuba was a cold war adversary of the United States. Conditions have greatly improved and the people of Cuba are some of the nicest and friendliest on earth. The trip with Bright Light Volunteers was wonderful and as advertised. If the opportunity arises, I will definitely go on another trip with Bright Light.

More please

BLV is incredible, and Cuba is breathtaking! I want more opportunities to spend time with the people of BLV. Take me anywhere you please! All of the people I met, have changed my life. There is a permanent impression in my soul from the experience I have had through this company.

Really enjoyed being a volunteer

Wonderful trip to Cuba. Great group of people to travel with.
Met a lot of wonderful people in Cuba, also. Really enjoyed being a volunteer and being a part of a community that serves and celebrates people.

An experience I will never forget

Bright Light Volunteers is the most genuine, caring, accommodating organization I have ever worked with. They made sure everyone's experience was a great one. Each day was packed with volunteerism, activities, great food, and immersion in the Cuban culture. The guides they hired were all professional and friendly. The families we stayed with were some of the most hospitable people I have ever met. I would absolutely recommend Bright Light Volunteers to anyone who would like to participate in a unique global service experience.

• Bright Light Volunteers responded to this review January 27, 2017 at 6:11 AM

Thank you!

A life changing experience

Traveling with Bright Light was one of the greatest things I could have ever done. While traveling, I never once felt unsafe or uncomfortable. They completely immerse you in the culture where you are traveling and make even doing the work fun. I will always do my volunteer abroad trips through Bright Light's amazing programs!

Cuba volunteer trip

This was the best trip of my life. The thing I loved most was that we got to leave something good behind and help their community. I loved being able to communicate with the locals daily and live exactly like them. I could see God working through this organization and I'll never forget all the amazing people I met. The translators were also a huge help. I cannot wait to go on more trips with bright light volunteers! (-:

Travel that changes lives

My experience of service learning in Cuba was nothing short of spectacular! I would recommend traveling with Bright Light Volunteers to anyone! The guides are amazing! Cuba has my heart and I can't wait to go back to see more of this amazing country.

Cuba June 2016

The trip was fantastic! I have nothing but fond memories. The Bright Light guides were wonderful and very accommodating. I would definitely recommend a Bright Light trip to anyone looking into service learning!

Amazing

This trip was absolutely amazing. The country was fascinating, the people were nice, and the guides were so helpful. I would definitely go back to Cuba. It was an experience like no other, and as inspired me to travel more.

Eye opening experience for all teens

The Cuba program gave me a new perspective on other cultures. The people in country were the most caring and giving hosts that I have every experienced. This experience will be with me forever.
Although many of the students suffered stomach problems overall it really was an experience of a lifetime and I won't forget it. My host families were terrific. They really made me feel like I was at home and among family. Our leaders were good guides and generally took care of all our needs. I would recommend a little more supervision or activities in the afternoons. It's was too easy to stay up late and not get enough sleep for the next day's activities. Overall I would recommend the program to anyone who is interested in seeing a new perspective outside of their comfort zone.

Once-in-a-lifetime

Bright Light Volunteers offers programs that impact one's consciousness and makes one aware of global social issues. It makes one want to make a global difference so that the world is a more united place instead of a divided place.