Medical and Public Health Internships in Cape Town
Bridging Gaps  Header Image Bridging Gaps  Header Image

Medical and Public Health Internships in Cape Town

Such a rewarding and meaningful time!

Thanks to Bridging Gaps I was able to complete a two month internship with the Red Cross Children Hospital. Here I was able to directly interact with the patients and help them take their minds off their situations. I was able to put a smile on a sick's child face and that made all the difference. I made connections with these children and could see their face light up every time I stepped into the wards to spend time with them. I worked with an amazing group of volunteers whose main priority were keeping the children happy. Everyone was so nice and welcome at the hospital, it made it hard to say goodbye at the end of my time.

Lucie and Julian at Bridging gaps were just amazing! They always made sure I was comfortable with my internship placement, my accommodation and overall being in Cape Town. They provided weekly social events that really helped me better explore Cape Town while also meeting new people. They went above and beyond, answering any and all questions I had of the city. From knowing the best way to getting around town to knowing the best place to get dinner, they had all the answers! I came to the country by myself so it really helped to know I had someone here I could come to for help with anything. They even helped me before my trip by giving me advice on great must see things and helped with pick up from the airport and transport to where I would be staying. They were really great mentors and such amazing and sweet people.

I will always remember this experience I’ve had in Cape Town and I have them to thank!

The most worthwhile and wonderful experience!

I completed a two month occupational therapy internship in Cape Town through Bridging Gaps and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience!
I feel like I have gained an immense amount, both professionally and socially, and also had to opportunity to give back in such a beautiful country. My placement exceeded all expectations- I learnt something every day, gained an immense amount new skills and knowledge, and worked alongside an inspiring and dedicated team. I was given adequate training, responsibility and support and I therefore was challenged yet not overburdened. I have always had a passion for working with children and gaining exposure to paediatric OT in a different country will forever be invaluable.
All of this was made possible by Bridging Gaps! My placement was the perfect fit and my mentors made sure of that. I never once felt out of the loop, lost or confused from the start to the end of the internship process with Bridging Gaps. Right from stepping off the plane I was made to feel at home with my mentors! They went out their way to ensure the best possible internship experience as well as overall stay in Cape Town (the most amazing city!!). They were constantly on call and I knew I always had someone to rely on which made all the difference. My accommodation was perfect, my transport worked so well (which my mentors literally guided me through each step of the way!), and the socials brought constant fun! I progressed in my career, made great friends, travelled, and pushed myself across boundaries I never thought possible. I couldn't have achieved so much without the service provided by Bridging Gaps and can only highly recommend them. Thank you Bridging Gaps!!!