Medical and Public Health Internships in Cape Town
Bridging Gaps  Header Image Bridging Gaps  Header Image

Medical and Public Health Internships in Cape Town

The most worthwhile and wonderful experience!

I completed a two month occupational therapy internship in Cape Town through Bridging Gaps and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience!
I feel like I have gained an immense amount, both professionally and socially, and also had to opportunity to give back in such a beautiful country. My placement exceeded all expectations- I learnt something every day, gained an immense amount new skills and knowledge, and worked alongside an inspiring and dedicated team. I was given adequate training, responsibility and support and I therefore was challenged yet not overburdened. I have always had a passion for working with children and gaining exposure to paediatric OT in a different country will forever be invaluable.
All of this was made possible by Bridging Gaps! My placement was the perfect fit and my mentors made sure of that. I never once felt out of the loop, lost or confused from the start to the end of the internship process with Bridging Gaps. Right from stepping off the plane I was made to feel at home with my mentors! They went out their way to ensure the best possible internship experience as well as overall stay in Cape Town (the most amazing city!!). They were constantly on call and I knew I always had someone to rely on which made all the difference. My accommodation was perfect, my transport worked so well (which my mentors literally guided me through each step of the way!), and the socials brought constant fun! I progressed in my career, made great friends, travelled, and pushed myself across boundaries I never thought possible. I couldn't have achieved so much without the service provided by Bridging Gaps and can only highly recommend them. Thank you Bridging Gaps!!!