Journalism Internships in Cape Town with Bridging Gaps
Bridging Gaps  Header Image Bridging Gaps  Header Image

Journalism Internships in Cape Town with Bridging Gaps

Cape Argus internship

Working for the Cape Argus has been a rewarding experience. I have had the opportunity to get fully stuck into what a journalist's daily work life is really like. It has broadened my communication skills through my job being required to contact a variety of people and it has helped developed my interview skills. Through writing stories for the paper, I have gained a knowledge and understanding of how the Cape Town and South African community feel about certain issues within their society, and how there are certain people's voices and stories out there that need to be told. I will take what I have learnt here back to the UK and it has given me the confidence to try and find future placements and opportunities in media outlets back home or elsewhere abroad.

My experience with Bridging Gaps has been fantastic. My supervisors, Lucie and Julian, very much care about their interns' well-being and their experiences in Cape Town. They have been brilliant with making this experience a comfortable and enjoyable one through all their help and advice. They really do go above and beyond for you! They are very organised with providing you information about the city, your internship, accommodation etc. to make your stay a pleasant one. The social events that they have organised have been brilliant and I have met some lovely people on my internship in the group, my workplace and accommodation. Cape Town is such an interesting and awesome city to work in and explore. I would highly recommend Bridging Gaps to anyone planning to do an internship here.