Internship and volunteering opportunities with Bridging Gaps
Bridging Gaps  Header Image Bridging Gaps  Header Image

Internship and volunteering opportunities with Bridging Gaps

Internship with Bridging Gaps

The process of organizing my internship and the communication with Bridging Gaps before I came to Cape Town was very uncomplicated and professional. The whole process of contacting them until they found the perfect internship for me did not even take one week.

Due to the fact that It was my first time visiting Cape Town I was very excited and a little nervous about what would expect me there. With their warm and friendly welcome at the airport my mentors took away all my nervousness. I felt comfortable and well looked after from the very first moment on.
They provided me a phone with a local SIM card, gave me useful tips on how I could spend my first days in Cape Town and accompanied me to my accommodation and my working place.

During my internship I was in close contact with my mentors and they always wanted to make sure if everything's okay or if they could do anything for me. I really appreciate the way they took care of me.

If you're planning on doing an internship here and are looking for a company to arrange it for you, I can highly recommend you doing it with Bridging Gaps! I met so many great people and totally fell in love with Cape Town. This was my first but definitely not my last time in this beautiful country and I'm happy that I made the right choice!

Bridging Gaps

If you are searching for a way to experience not only what Cape Town has to offer but also gaining work experience and being guided by fantastic mentors, I would strongly recommend Bridging Gaps.

I immediately felt at home when I was greeted by the Bridging Gaps mentors. They looked after me so well, from being settled in at the hostel, to being given a South African sim and phone to checking to see if I needed anything, and giving me advice on local restaurants/ bars and extra activities I could do.

The whole process before I came to Cape Town was coordinated very smoothly, the team at Bridging Gaps gave me a great choice of organisations to pick and choose from. The organisation they found for me was brilliant, The Underdog Project taught me so much more about animal therapy and the huge benefits their programme has to the kids and the dogs. Thanks to Bridging gaps I gained some valuable experience that should help me further in my career.

My only regret is that I wish I could have stayed longer!

Events management internship with Bridging Gaps

My experience of Bridging Gaps was fantastic from start to finish.. My trip to Cape Town exceeded all expectations and this is down to the local programme coordinators. Right from the initial enquiry they were nothing but professional and friendly. Prior to my arrival they helped me arrange everything from my visa to accommodation and the 'Events Management Internship' they handpicked for me was a huge success and has helped me kickstart my career. I met some fantastic people at work and it gave me the confidence and experience I needed to get a job on my return to London.

The programme coordinators also helped me get my bearings of Cape Town, informed me of the extensive activities the city offers and also gave me those little gems of knowledge that no guide book can provide. I felt like a local in a matter of hours! They introduced me to wonderful people, both locals and other interns and set up lots of social opportunities to meet new people.

Cape Town is by far my favourite city in the world and I cannot wait to return. Thank you Bridging Gaps for all your help and for giving me an adventure of a lifetime!

Psychology Internship with Bridging Gaps

Communication with Bridging Gaps before my internship was pleasantly uncomplicated, and my time in Cape Town was really lovely.

Bridging Gaps was amazing at fetching me from the airport, supporting me during my stay in Cape Town and they organised fun trips to all the surrounding activities that Cape Town had to offer. In addition to this, they also provided a great "Starter Pack" full of information on exciting things to do in Cape Town as well as just general safety information.

The company does however have less experience in issuing Psychology Internships, and as a result, it took longer than expected to find a placement, and I did not enjoy it to the full experience that I would have wanted to.

However if you want to do any other kind of internship, besides Psychology, I would strongly advise you, to go with Bridging Gaps. You will be supported at all times, experience fun and creative places as well as have a great experience of Cape Town.