Wildlife Rescue Center – Florianópolis
Brazilian Experience Header Image Brazilian Experience Header Image

Wildlife Rescue Center – Florianópolis

One of the best experience in my life

I was in Florianopolis in November 2015 and I really miss my time there. I worked as a volunteer in the organization R3 animal: I couldn't speak Portuguese when I arrived, but after the first week I could understand it pretty well and in the second I could start to have some conversation with the locals. And that was possible because of the amazing people that worked there and helped me a lot: even if it was difficult because of the language, everyone tried to talk with me and to find a way to communicate.
I lived with a girl that also worked there and she introduced me to all her friends. I felt really accepted and it was nice to spend time with them. I am still in contact with some of them and I hope to have another chance to go back.
My support person in Florianopolis was always avaible and helped me every time I need it. She also showed me some cool places! Also the support from the central organization in Curitiba was very good.
My overall experience with BrazilianExperience was more than good and the same was with the R3 organization.
Florianopolis is a really cool city, with a lot of beaches and other cool places.
I can only reccommend an experience like that: it was my first time outside Europe and thanks to all the nices people I met, it was one of the most amazing time in my life! Totally worth it!

• Brazilian Experience responded to this review March 08, 2018 at 11:34 AM

Dear Chiara, we appreciate you taking the time to review our program and share your experience with future volunteers.

Hope you can come back to visit us someday!

Our best regards from Brazil!

Mistery

It was in 2015 when i decide to travel somewhere, alone, and with something to do with volunteer job. Searching on the internet i found the program of Brazilian Experience and i knew it was the one. I was very afraid because it was a month away from my parents and everything that was familiar to me but in the other hand, i truly believe it's an experience that everyone should have. It gives you maturity, independence, gives you the opportunity to know a new culture, different people (whom by the way, were lovely with me since minute 1), food, places, smells, everything.
Since i got in the airplane i told to myself "ok now i really messed up" because i has this roller coaster of emotions, but honestly, i can't wait to have another oportunity like that.
Brasil is huge, so i wasn´t able to known all the places i want but if you can, take one or two weeks to travel around it will be the best!!
Taste everything, take pictures, don´t be afraid of talk in portuguesse, ask questions, buy books in portugesse, go and walk around!!!