Brazilian Experience - Internship Program
Brazilian Experience Header Image Brazilian Experience Header Image

Brazilian Experience - Internship Program

Memories made

Every part of the experience was fun. Brazilian experience in Curitiba was very helpful in getting situated as well as having many fun events. My host family was perfect, they were Very fun. The internship itself was very interesting and taught me professional skills.

Corporate finance

My experience is Brazil was a life changing event that has helped me to this day. It has helped me in finding work in the EMEA sector and has given me life long friendships that I'm in contact with to this day. All in all a fantastic experience I would recommend to anyone.

An experience that still lives on

Don’t even think about it. Just do it. My Brazilian study abroad experience, was a pivotal moment in my life, where I was able to better discover myself, and gain a fresh attitude and perspective.

In 2012, I did an internship placement, and stayed with a local family in Curitiba, Brazil. I was able to transition into Brazilian life so smoothly, that Curitiba, became my second home. I am passionate about everything Brazil. It’s now my third time back, with all due thanks to Brazilian Experience.

An unforgettable experience

My experience as a BE exchange student was life changing. This was made possible by the incredible family I was matched with, the smooth transition assistance provided by BE, and the beautiful country and people of Brazil! The BE team made it a priority to make sure I felt comfortable, safe, and that I was enjoying my experience to the fullest. Thank you, Brazilian Experience!!

Brazilian experience is the BEST experience!

Rafaela & her team are great. BE is one of the most supportive & accommodating programs I have ever experienced. There were a few unexpected changes during my program both on the housing & internship sides, but BE was seamless with their assistance. The entire trip was smooth. Not only does BE fulfill the requirements of the program, but they are very helpful & flexible with any general interests, last minute debacles, & even random shenanigans from us more spontaneous people. Even if BE cannot help directly they find the information you need to do it on your own. The response time & friendliness is impeccable.

Some things my group appreciated most:

1) BE's willingness to help us plan unscheduled extracurricular excursions (I mean you cannot go to Brazil and not travel at least a little bit!). We were based in Curitiba, but Rafaela & her team helped us plan trips to Morretes, Foz do Iguaco & Floripa and even gave us insider tips for our pending trip to Rio de Janeiro.

2) BE's enthusiasm to teach us about Brazilian culture while still honoring & incorporating our home culture. For example, we celebrated Festa Juninho AND the 4th of July. With BE no question is unanswered, no question is too stupid, & there are never too many.

3) BE's attention to detail & flexibility. My internship was perfectly suited to my major & interests. It was convenient & the people were great. On the flipside, I remember one guy's supervisor quit one day at this internship and basically left him hanging. BE had a new placement for him within a day or two and he was able to complete the academic requirements with no problem & still had a positive experience.

4) BE is not just a faceless company, you could always reach someone. The BE staff, the homestay families, & even Rafa came and hung out on numerous occasions and made sure we had exactly what their name implies: an EXPERIENCE.

My trip was in 2012 and I still keep in touch with Rafa, her team, & the great people I met along the way. To this day, my trip with BE is still one of the best experiences of my life & I am quite the adventurer! :) My only regret is not being able to go back and visit more often.

My experience In Brazil

My experience in Brazil was amazing! It was beyond my expectations. I was placed with a host family that was great and truly made me feel at home. I Interned with a company that was related to my field of study and I learned so many things. Working in Brazil helped me gain initiative and forced me to be able to adapt to any working environment. The food in Brazil is AMAZING, and the culture is so great that it makes you feel as if you were Brazilian. Thank you so much BE for creating an opportunity for me to experience the Brazilian culture and grow as a person and a professional!

Curitiba internship

I did an internship through Brazilian Experience in a non profit organization in early 2016. The experience was great! Prior to my arrival I was sent lots of useful information regarding my internship and Brazil in general as well as Curitiba. BE organized fun events such as an authentic Brazilian churrasco! The staff were friendly and welcoming and helped with things such as getting bus cards and finding Portuguese classes.

I enjoyed the internship itself too. I was allowed to use my creativity and share my culture and experiences to bond with students. During my stay I met loads of fun people, got to travel around Brazil, enjoy the carnival and make new friends around the world!

Internship with Hraifa Logistica in Curitiba

I have always been interested in living abroad and learning foreign languages. During my undergraduate studies, I majored in Global Affairs, with concentrations in both Global Governance and Latin American studies. Given my interest in learning Portuguese and my desire to obtain experience in international business, I decided to apply to study abroad in Curitiba through the Brazilian Experience program. The program was brand new for my university (George Mason) when I had applied, and myself along with another student were the first from Mason to go to Curitiba as part of the program.

For housing, I was placed with two brothers (Everson and Helerton) in their 20s who lived in an apartment in a nice neighborhood, about a 20 minute bus ride from the city center. I got along very well with both host brothers, and they showed me around the neighborhood and how the bus system works to get around the city. One of the host brothers spoke English, so getting settled was very easy, and after a few weeks, I was able to practice Portuguese with them.

The program began with a two-week intensive Portuguese class, and given that there were only two of us doing the program at the time, we received a very hands-on learning experience. Our professor, Dani, did a great job of preparing us before our internships started! After our internships began, we would meet once a week. The language school was in the downtown area and only about a 15 minute bus ride from my host brothers' apartment. I was placed into an internship with Hraifa Logistica, a small international import/export business. The placement was exactly what I was looking for when I had applied, and I really enjoyed interning with Hraifa. I had not had any professional work experience prior to the internship, so I wanted a placement that would give me a chance to try out a form of international business and see how I liked it.

The head of the program, Rafaela did a great job of making sure I was settled in both my homestay and the internship. No one in the office spoke English, so at first the task was a bit intimidating; however, the experience really pushed me to develop my Portuguese skills, and in the end was much more rewarding for that reason. My supervisor, Ailton was extremely welcoming and would always take the time to explain different aspects of the business, show me around the area, and would always get lunch with me each day, to make sure I was enjoying my time there and getting the most out of the internship.

Following the completion of my undergraduate studies, I began looking for jobs where I could utilize my Portugueselanguage skills and gain more experience in the private sector. I ended up applying for a research analyst position for the Brazilian financial markets in New York City. I was interviewed for the position in both English and Portuguese and received an offer from the company. I spent 2.5 years working there, and on a daily basis, I was required to read, write, and speak Portuguese. I decided to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area, and obtained a position working as a Corporate Governance Research Associate for the Brazilian and Latin American Markets, where I utilize my Portuguese language skills on a daily basis as well.

Without the experience and knowledge obtained through the Brazilian Experience program, I would have never been able to achieve the success that I have been able to in my career. I highly recommend their internship program. I could not have imagined a better experience!

John Reidy

Internship at a Research Institute

I did an internship with Brazilian Experience at a research institute in Curitiba in 2015. During the internship, I worked on an environmental research project with Brazilian colleagues. The work was mainly desktop based, but we visited a research collaborator every couple of weeks with my colleagues. The work was exactly what I wanted to do to improve my professional and language skills. Having this internship on my CV helped me to get hired in an international company afterwards.

The internship was very well organized by the organization Brazilian Experience. Before coming to Brazil, we exchanged several emails to coordinate the arrival and the formalities together. They answered to my questions very fast and thoroughly. We also received an information package before arriving, so that it was easier to take care of the formalities. Once in Curitiba, Brazilian Experience organized a Welcome evening for all interns. We learned about the cultural differences of our countries and got to try Brazilian pastry and sweets. During the internship, someone from Brazilian Experience contacted us regularly to check if everything is going well.

When I had health problems during the internship, someone from Brazilian Experience was always there to help me go to the doctor. They took good care of us interns.

All in all, I really recommend going to Brazil with Brazilian experience. This is an organization that you can trust.

Internship in Curitiba

The internship was an excellent way to experience Brazilian culture while gaining valuable work experience. I truly enjoyed my job and met wonderful people at work. Thanks to BE, I always felt like I was looked after and knew that I had someone to contact if I needed help with anything.

Study abroad/internship experience in Curitiba, Brazil

I spent about 4 months in Curitiba, Brazil with the most amazing Brazilian host family, who soon became a second family to me. I was given the opportunity to intern at a Brazilian company and to interact with Brazilians while learning cultural differences through being immersed in the job culture. I also took Portuguese classes, and had an amazing teacher who made my experience learning Portuguese enjoyable and easy! I was able to travel throughout the country and visit beautiful places. Overall, my experience in Brazil remains one of the best memories that I have had in my life. I am so glad that I decided to come to Brazil, and I thank this program for giving me this opportunity! If I could, I would do it over and over again.

Thanks to Brazilian Experience

Was a great experience. Living the culture through friends, colleagues at work, and people which you can know in whatever place you can go in the city.

I did this internship during my vacations of my MBA program. I really wanted to know Brazil due to my preference for the culture and that was my opportunity. Finally, thanks to Brazilian Experience, I prepared the baggage for visit Curitiba - Brazil.

At the beginning, I was excited to know Brazilian people. The happiness and confidence values which are knowing for citizens in the country. Then I was interested in music, cultural and academic topics which you can find on libraries and documents around the city. There are a lot of things to do, just you need to be clear your target plan. For example, in my case, I like to visit parks, museums, library, read books and research about the history of the city and the great architecture buildings there. As I said, you can find all you want, just need to search or, more important, ask people like supervisors or managers of Brazilian Experience they were great partners and supporting my request during my travel.

Finally, I really recommend this program. Brazilian Experience is a good company which supports in any requirement and the most important for me, is because I really knew great, lovely and professional people who you can establish a friendship for all your live. Thanks a lot.

Volontary internship in Foz do Iguaçu

My experience during 3 months in Foz was amazing. The work by itself was okay, I made a lot of translations and participated in projects and workshops. What I was missing was the Portuguese language to get a bit more about the experience professionally. But Polo Iguazu was a great place to see different tourism companies and possibilities to work in social and sustainable tourism projects... the experience motivated me a lot for future plans and gave ideas. Also the team was really nice and helpful with everything! I would definitely go back if I get the chance!

Amazing experience

This program was surreal. Rafaela and everyone involved in BE is amazing and they really assigned to the organization that best suits your interests. I had an excellent time at Instituto Life, from a biologist's perspective. Also, this program not only provides you an amazing academic experience, but you also receive an invaluable experience studying abroad, especially learning about the Brazilian culture and country. Those 4 months were by far my best time during my undergrad years, and the only thing that I regret is that I could not spent there any longer. Brazil in general has plenty of festive occasions and touristic attractions that you must visit. And you must visit when you get the chance. School and work can be flexible enough that you will receive such time. One thing is for sure, You will get it all, culture, language, once in a life time experience.

Wonderful opportunity!

Interning abroad was one of the best decisions I have made. The program partnership was great, my internship placement was tailored to my educational background which gave me a great boost to my resume. Portuguese classes were educational and fun which helped immerse you into the culture.

The opportunity to spend the summer in Brazil was an incredible and positive experience. I would strongly encourage you to apply for this program and start making your own memories in the amazing country of Brazil.

Fun and professional

It was really fun when going out with other interns from the program, and also BE placed me in a really good and professional company where I made really good friends. In the company, I learned a lot from them and they learned a lot from me too. Overall an excellent experience.

Abroad in Brazil

I really enjoy my time in Brazil. Especially because the staff in the program help me adapt to a different culture and they would always had events for us to do in a daily basis. I really recommend BE for future students that are planning to do an internship abroad!

My best experience, was a Brazilian experience

Oi sangue bom! My name is Elvis Diaz, I was a 21 years old from Long Beach, California. I went to Brazil when I was 19 to get some real world experience working as an intern with World Study in Curitiba. I loved the company that I worked for and all the help from B.E. They were phenomenal. Rafaela and João really thoroughly check to find the correct host family and internship for you. I lived with two brothers one 19 and the other 25 years old. It was the best! I still talk to them all the time all my friends from work. Remember to tell the truth, when applying for a family ;-). My experiences, well, lets say it was a roller coaster ride. All positive, just some low points and high as with any experience going abroad. There is nothing anyone can really say or write to give you a an idea of what Brazil, is however in the words of Marquis de Pombal, ” Be careful in Brazil, because that country increases in everyone the spirit of ambition and the relaxation of virtues.”. From my point of view, Brazilian Experience was a great experience. Rafaela and João are awesome! Email me if you have any questions whether it is about Curitiba, Brazil, or you want to speak with someone that went through Brazilian Experience.

Unforgettable experience

I interned at a small IT-company for roughly 4 months in 2015. I must say I was very fortunate, as I got to work for an awesome company and had the best apartment & roommate one can find. The whole experience was simply Awesome. Almost surreal. Big thanks to all BE staff members :)

Beer and travel in Brazil

I had truly a great 3 months in Curitiba. Brewing beer for internship during week days and travelling around Brazil and enjoying local culture during weekends. The program was nicely organized with lot of leisure activities to attend for the whole time. My internship was also pretty laid back although very professional, allowing myself to influence on my own working schedule, which made it possible for myself to really take the most out of my time in Brazil.

Curious in Curitiba

Participating the internship programme with BE was successful to me. I had just graduated from a university and needed some time to think the next agenda of my career and life. I had lived abroad before but I always had this urge to learn more about other cultures and their perspectives. So Brazil and BE caught my eye and I also wanted to learn a new language. The placement I did, was just what I wanted to do - and would still want to do. It helped me to view the importance of education in different contexts, to criticise and appreciate it in a bigger scale. When I was in doubt of any kinds of everyday life things, I could always turn to and contact BE and I felt that the staff was there for me. I also got a lot of local and foreign contacts via BE so there was always some nice events and festives going on in the city.

First Abroad Experience

I truly learned to become more independent and learned to love Brazilian culture!
I completely immersed myself in a loving country with loving people!

The program coordinators were great and very caring!