BCA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain
BCA Study Abroad Header Image BCA Study Abroad Header Image

BCA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain

Explore your Inner Self

Study Abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity, and I was fortunate enough that Soka University provided me with a platform to experience it in Barcelona city. It has indeed given me a new prospect on life. Something that over the course of five months, became so dear to my heart, that my body felt crippled at the thought of leaving. An experience that has taught me to live and love; and eventually helped me discover myself. It is not just the materialistic and geographical things; it’s the people, the lifestyle, the food and most importantly the relationships this city has given me. Relationships that I can confidently say, will last a lifetime.

The Academic program in Barcelona is rigorous only because all classes are held in Spanish. I took courses related to my concentration at school, so courses in the like of Psychology, Literature, Spanish Grammar and Conversation. We had no assigned course books for the semester, or notes/power points given by the professor. Hence, attendance is class was crucial. Overall, if one attends classes on a regular basis and keeps up with the academic course material, it shouldn't be hard to ace study abroad academically.

BCA provides each student with a host family, which in my opinion is the best way to hone one's spanish speaking skills. My host mom and I got along very well. The food is delicious and the advantage living with a host family is that you get to experience eating spanish food. Three meals per day were provided by my host family.

Barcelona is also a very diverse city. You get an opportunity to meet people from all over Europe and Central America. You just need to put yourself out there, let go off your inhibitions and meet new people. It is the safest city I've ever been to.

Thereby, I would very highly recommend this program to everyone. You will NOT regret it.

BCA Barcelona

The BCA program in Barcelona Spain was an amazing experience. All of my classes were taught in Spanish by Spanish professors from the University of Barcelona. My classes were inside the university so I felt like I was receiving a genuine experience. Carmen and Alex were both very helpful in aiding all of us throughout the entire program. My living situation was excellent and I really developed a strong relationship with my host mom that I will cherish the rest of my life. My classes were challenging but really helped me learn Spanish as well as the history and culture of Spain. Overall I really enjoyed my time and would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to study abroad.

Great families to live with, classes in Spanish...

Great families to live with, classes in Spanish but very easy, great city to be a student in, much cheaper than other abroad places such as Paris or London. On the Mediterranean! Nice weather.