Study Portuguese Language in Brazil, Salvador
Basica Lingua Header Image Basica Lingua Header Image

Study Portuguese Language in Brazil, Salvador

• Facilities

Excellent, efficient, immersive - more than just language also learnt about culture and local area

I had 3 days of intensive classes with Sheila and she was brilliant! I didn't speak any Portuguese at all but somehow, in a few days I have been able to have very basic conversations with people. Aware of the tight timeframe, Sheila tailored made the 1-2-1 lessons so that by the end of it I would have the basics needed to navigate my way around Salvador and behind. Really excellent teaching and worth every penny!

• Facilities

basica lingua best school in salvador

i only can recommend basica lingua,which is situated in the nice beach town of barra in salvador. Sheila Waksman is the best teacher i have ever had. She is so professional, effective, excelent in explaining, is patient and the classes are so lively, that learning is a lot of fun. she brings a lot of examples so it makes it easier to learn. she helped me during my stay in salvador with everything, she organized a home stay for me, which was good, so i could improve my portuguese with my "new" family, she also gave a lot of information about brasil, salvador, culture and habits. i learnt all about the different religions, brasilian music, food, costums and traditions. it would have been so difficult without having this introduction and help in this foreign country. dear sheila, i thank you so much what you did for me while staying in your beautiful country, your are the best teacher ever.

Wonderful Portuguese instructor -- Salvador, Brazil

After completing 8 weeks of private Portuguese classes with Sheila I wholeheartedly recommend her. All aspects from the pre-arrival homestay planning to the daily lessons were well organized.

I'm confident that now after 8 weeks of classes I have a good intermediate foundation of Portuguese from which to continue learning. What I appreciated most about Sheila's teaching style is that she constantly kept me engaged and challenged. She understood that my priority was to develop fluency and not simply a basic understanding of phrases, etc so our classes were always geared toward that objective.

She can seem a bit of a task master at times, but it's all well intended. In my particular case I simply think it was her trying to help me reach my goals.

Sheila gladly helps you explore Salvador (provides sight-seeing recommendations, public transportation routes, etc) and encourages you to interact as much as possible with the local community. However Sheila does not organize excursions or other types of extra-curricular activities. Sheila's school is ideal for the independent learner who wants to explore Salvador on their own.

Everything you might need is conveniently located in the school's immediate neighborhood: Barra. I found Barra to be a safe neighborhood with a good amount of different restaurants, etc to visit.

While in Salvador I did take Sheila's advice and opted for a local homestay. It added another dimension to my overall experience and my hosts were absolutely welcoming. I was also lucky enough to have a suite, which in Brazil means that your room includes a private bathroom.

Please feel free to email me if you have any other specific questions about my experience.

Boa Sorte!