Fashion & Design Summer Program at IED
Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city

Fashion & Design Summer Program at IED

Stylin' in Barca

I had a great time, easily one of the best experiences of my whole life. I enjoy doing things on my own a lot, and SAE was very good with allowing me to do that. I joined on a few group activities, which I'll say were extremely fun, dinners, segway tours, etc. The staff at SAE were all really sweet and helpful. They encouraged me to join them in their group activities, but weren't forceful. Like I said, being someone that enjoys their alone time exploring, I was very appreciative of them being okay with me doing my own exploring. Barcelona is so rich. So rich in culture, in architecture, in nature...in shopping. It has it all. The people are absolutely great. My host family included a lady who cooked deliciously and was always up for great conversation and tips on exploring the city. I'm dying to return to the city that taught me so much about what the world has to offer and what I have to offer the world. In regards to the school, IED is a ton of fun. For someone who has a huge interest in fashion, it was equal parts informative and educational, as it was entertaining. The professors were very knowledgeable and while I did learn a lot, many times I didn't feel like I was going to school. I had to walk almost a mile in the Barcelona heat to get to school (usually getting up at 8am) and never wanted to complain about it. The streets of Barcelona are filled with pastry shops that capture your senses, so walking anywhere is totally okay when you know you can stop to get a chocolate croissant along the way. I'd do this experience over and over again.