Customized Internship Program: 6-12+ Weeks
Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city

Customized Internship Program: 6-12+ Weeks

Career & life shaping experience

My BSAE customized internship experience lead to my first job after graduation because of my internship with a Spanish entrepreneur at a coworking space in the 12 week customized internship program. I landed a position as a marketing specialist for an international property group with property throughout Argentina due to my Barcelona experience. Not only did this program provide me real world, career focused experience and skills, it also deepened my appreciation for the culture of Barcelona and Spain as a whole. The included cultural activities and trips give you an insider view of the city and culture. The professional and friendly staff make your transition seamless while providing local insight on Barcelona living. I would highly recommend this program to anyone and everyone, Barcelona is a life-changing city!

Life changing experience with SAE!

I gave everything on this a 10/10 because this program was seamless from start to finish and one of the best experiences of my life! That being said, going abroad is what you make of it. If you're ready to step out of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in a new culture you'll have the time of your life.

I was placed as a Social Media Marketing and Promotions intern for the company, YouBarcelona. It aligned with my career goals, my co workers were welcoming and the was an amazing cultural experience. Of course, there were challenging times but it was all SO worth it!

I lived with a house mom and two students who were studying abroad. We were seriously like one big happy familia! Living with Conchita (my house mom) gave me the opportunity to improve my Spanish skills and enjoy delicious home cooked meals, true to Barcelona! It was also nice having a parental figure around. Even though I was 23 and had lived away from home for years, having Conchita around gave me a sense of security and family when I was so far from home. It's also nice living with a local so they can help you with logistical things in the city which can be overwhelming sometimes. They also know all the best spots!

The actually SAE program was great too. All the employees made sure we were comfortable and set up with everything we needed from start to finish.They also offer various cultural activities for you to partake in which is a fun way to meet other people in your program while getting more immersed in the Barcelona culture.

I loved Barcelona so much, I plan on moving back next spring!

Barcelona SAE

I've always wanted to go abroad and I knew that Barcelona SAE would be the perfect opportunity for me to do so. I did a 6-week customized internship. I worked for Grant Thornton, a prestigious accounting firm. The SAE program provided me with all of the resources and tools for me to enjoy my experience and most importantly, for me to learn and succeed. If you have the opportunity to intern or study abroad in Barcelona, do not hesitate! Not only do you gain professional experience, but you also get to experience the Spanish culture. It's worth it!

Amazing opportunity

Overall, Barcelona SAE is a great company who really knows what they are talking about. The help you from start to finish to make sure that you have a great time while you are interning. The staff in Barcelona are mainly locals so they know then area really well and are always giving great advise about the city. I felt safe at all times knowing If I ever needed anything the staff were only a phone call away. I really enjoyed my job placement and the skills I was able to learn through the company. I would highly recommend interning abroad and if you are looking to intern abroad in Barcelona, you should definitely chose this company. Coming back to the States, I have had numerous employers tell me how much my resume stands out due to my International work experience.

Best time of my life

My summer in Barcelona was the best summer of my life. BarcelonaSAE was there to help with every step of the way from pre-departure info, to on-site staff with fun cultural activities. Throughout the whole time I was in Barcelona I always felt that I could call them for anything and they would be there to help without a doubt. They also set up my internship placement which I truely enjoyed. With being an international business major, I was able to work for a Spanish company and gain insight how other cultures conduct business. This was such a learning experience for me and I really improved my Spanish as well. BarcelonaSAE also set me up in an apartment with another person from the program who turned out to be one of my best friends! Overall, I would 100% recommended this program to anyone. It was such a great experience that taught me so many life skills while also being the funnest summer of my life!

Internship review

I loved my boss and internship, but I think for my majors it would've been better if I had been placed in a company or agency. I have to majors and I thought it would have been easy to place me in something more related to either of them

Barcelona SAE review

I had an amazing experience this summer! My internship was a great learning experience and I felt very comfortable living in Barcelona. The city was beautiful and I can't wait to come back as soon as I can.

Great mix of structure and freedom and great balance of work and play

The Barcelona SAE Summer Internship program really allows interns to make their experience in Barcelona whatever they want it to be--whether they would rather participate in pre-planned activities and excursions outside of the internships or whether they would like to explore the city and Europe on their own. As far as the internships themselves, the program aims to let interns engagingly work in the type of field they desire without the jobs being too stressful or overbearing. This program puts a lot of work into making sure that students have a fulfilling experience within the workplace but also encourages its participants and provides them with resources to have fun and explore outside of the workplace.

Six interesting weeks in Barcelona

Barcelona was not what I had envisioned. It was different from what I had in mind, which is what makes it a fascinating place to me. I learned a lot about the city and the Catalan culture. I felt more like a local than a tourist, if being frankly.

I chose the city randomly. I had thought about coming to Spain, although did not gave much thought about Barcelona. However, when I got some information about this program (Barcelona SAE), I became immediately attracted to it. My internship consisted of working with children, we spoke to them in English, and there were other interns whom spoke Dutch. Some parents are Dutch, other's English, others Spaniards/Catalans but all of them wanted for their children to learn English. Which is a great idea to learn a new language at a young age, better yet English as it can be essential.

My living situation was in a home stay with only a woman and her two cats. I am her first intern/guest, ever. She has never hosted for anyone before. This was excellent! That is, because she was so sweet and accommodating, and a "chill person." She did not know much about it as it was her first time hosting, therefore, she was getting the hang of it, and due to that she was very easy-going. I am pretty sure we will remain friends!

Overall, I loved the program. The staff are very nice, sweet, friendly, and helpful. The city is amazing, you have to see it for yourself!

Barcelona experience

My Barcelona experience was everything I hoped it would be and more. I tried to take advantage of all of the opportunities I was given which is what truly made the experience incredible. If I could do it al over again, I would easily come back to Barcelona if not another city in Spain.

Summer in Spain

I always felt safe and well cared for with the advisors. I thought the program offered a great opportunity for growth in cultural immersion, however I was not placed in the correct internship. Since the majority of my time was spent at my work, I would have liked to have been doing what I will be doing in my future career.

Barcelona exploration

I decided that, given the chances that we face at the moment of seeing a President Trump, it be necessary to seek out safe haven elsewhere. I did not expect to find that place on try #1, but Barcelona has given me a sense of life that cannot be replaced with anything else. It's culture of food, architecture, community, and identity resonated so well with what I was looking for when seeking to find a place where I can be partially uncomfortable, yet have the opportunity to grow a part of it if I were to dedicate time here. I have improved my castellano to a level I did not think possible, and can continue to enhance it if I were to live here, maybe just eating a little jamón iberico each day. In time, maybe learning català will be a possibility too. Barcelona already has become a place I can find home. The staff at BarcelonaSAE made this all possible. They deserve as much praise as can be deserved.

Great experience

It has been a great experience in Barcelona. I have learned a lot through my internship and just by exploring the city about both the professional and social culture. It's great on your resume as too.

Excellent program

Barcelona SAE is awesome. The staff is extremely helpful, only complaint I had was we didn't have Air Conditioning in the middle of the summer, but we lived. The planned trips were a nice touch as well.

A whole new Perspective

I really enjoyed this program I thought that it was well organised and allowed me to fully immerse myself into Barcelona's culture and live as close to a local as possible (despite my horrible Spanish language abilities) I wanted to do a program like this so I could get a real feel of living life in Spain and that is certainly what I experienced.

Awesome experience!

Memorable experience was seeing Barcelona from the bonkers.

I chose this program to boost up my resume and experience something new.

My accommodations was the only problem, but the staff were responsive and took action right away. id say this is the only down side of my trip, if you feel unhappy with your roommate i suggest you speak right away to the staff, you don't want your experience ruined by something like this.

awesome experiance!

i did an internship with barcelona sae, i was very happy with the progrem, the staff were quite responsive for any problems i had, amazing experiance.

Incredible experience in Barcelona with very little issues!

There is no way to have a "most memorable experience" from those incredible six weeks. However, one of my favorite memories with the program was on the weekend trip to Valencia! It was great to see a different place in Spain and it's own history outside of Barcelona and also to get to know new people in the program. I would highly recommend the weekend trips and just exploring as much as possible!

I wanted to go abroad but didn't really want to study because I already have enough credits so I was looking for a way to work abroad and this program seemed the best fit!

I lived in a homestay in one of the nicer barrios (Saria) in Barcelona. I lived there with two other girls from the program and we all got along really well. We had a lot of issues with our host mom however and most of them stemmed from her not wanting to spend any money. We all had to share one load of laundry once a week which meant we didn't get all of our cloths washed. We also were suppose to be provided with breakfast and dinner but sometimes there wasn't enough food for all of us for breakfast and the dinners were "okay" at best. We had probably 6 different meals rotated over the 6 weeks and they were mostly just pasta or microwave dinners. We were very disappointed in her and recommended for her not to be used again. HOWEVER, we were the exception- everyone else I knew that was in a homestay absolutely loved their homestay!

An Awesome Experience I will never forget

Memorable Experience? Everything.

I chose this program because it was supported through my school, I could get class credit for it, I could choose the number of weeks I wanted to go, and I could get professional experience (instead of merely studying).

I lived in an apartment with 3 other roommates. The accommodations were nothing fancy, but they were home-y and perfect for the 6 weeks I was there. I always felt comfortable, at-home, and safe.

I loved it all!

Memorable experience is My internship. I worked in a gym where I got hands on experience training and rehabbing athletes. Not only did I learn a lot about my field of study, yet I was able to practice my Spanish and learn some Catalan as well. At work, I felt like I was part of the culture, and that was where I first got the feeling that I "belonged" in Barcelona.

I chose my program because I wanted to intern in the summer that way I did not miss school at my university during the school year, and I wanted to go to a Spanish speaking country to improve my Spanish speaking skills. Barcelona SAE provided the perfect opportunity for me to do this.

My home stay was perfect! I lived with a wonderful family; a mom, dad, and their two sons. I also lived with another student from the program as well, which really helped me adjust the first week or so to all of the new things I was experiencing, because I had someone to share these experiences with. We each had our own rooms, and our family had a huge terrace which we spent most of our time on when we were home not exploring g the gorgeous city.

Incredible Experience In Barcelona!

Incredible experience in Barcelona with very little issues!

I loved the Barcelona SAE program and all of the people that worked for them! There were some times when events could have been a little more organized but all of the cultural events and our actual internships were great! They do a great job helping you adjust and always have an open ear if there are any issues. Make sure to be specific about what you are interested in doing and once there don't be afraid to ask questions or speak up if you have a problem because they are very helpful!

Internship Placement:
I was an intern so only had a week long Spanish course through the program but that short experience was helpful.

I had a hard time with my host mother (as did the two other girls that lived with me) because she was very stingy with money and didn't make us very good food and sometimes did not have enough food for us, along with other smaller issues. However, we were an exception because many people I knew had wonderful experiences with their home stays!

Could be a little more organized, however the people running Barcelona SAE are absolutely amazing and people who are always willing to help!

An Awesome Experience I will never forget

The experience I had with SAE was life changing and 6 weeks of my life that I will never forget, even if I try. The first couple days were a little overwhelming after feeling jet lagged and thrown in an apartment in the middle of Barcelona with only a metro map and a few euro. However, this is the situation I typically thrive in. I love a challenge and it forced me to immerse myself in the culture in Barcelona faster than I would have otherwise. Living in an apartment with 3 other interning roommates to help each other find our way around Barca was great.

The cultural experience was amazing. All the events were great and getting to know kids from all over (in the SAE program) was a bonus.

I was super excited about my internship when I received it. I have a passion for startup companies and entrepreneurship, so working in Barcelona Activa with a startup company was a dream. However, after the first couple of weeks and settling in to the internship, the dream faded a bit. My employer was a very difficult person to work for. I find that I can get along with pretty much everyone and can work through tough situations with different types of people. However, working for my boss was a different story. For being the CEO of a startup company, my boss was one of the most close-minded people I have ever encountered. He had a habit of making me feel useless and that all my ideas and propositions were wrong or bad.

That being said though, working in Barcelona Activa was awesome because I was surrounded by young people and new companies. The culture was really great. I was able to accept the challenge and overcome working at my startup company.

All that being said, I still would not change my time in Barcelona for anything, not a minute of it. The culture immersion was unreal, facing challenges helped me grow and experiencing new things with great people was exactly what I wanted to get out of this trip. Thank you for everything!

I loved it all!

Could not have been more satisfied with Barcelona SAE. my home stay could not have been better, because that is where I was able to practice my Spanish the most. Everyone at the Barcelona SAE office was so accommodating! Classes were a perfect review session. I fell in love with the Catalan culture, and thanks to this program I know where I am going to live after I graduate!

Great experience, Hard-working staff

I really was impressed by this program. In the months before I even got to Spain, I was always being updated by a program coordinator. I never felt left in the dark and if I had a question, it was answered within a day or two via email. Once I got to the college in Barcelona, I was surprised that they are working from one story in a pretty small building, but the staff is friendly and hard-working. The numerous activities that they had planned were fun and interesting and exceeded my expectations.