Volunteer with Disabled Children
Peru: Arequipa, Cusco
- Childcare & Children
- Community Development
- Disability Issues
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Youth Development
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
From March till December
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian and European Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
Program Fees from USD 320
What you will get for the program fee:
* Food: The program fee covers three daily local meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner from Monday to Saturday.
* Accommodation: Volunteers will stay with a host family in a single or shared room (depending on availability).
* Pick up: With Lima city exception pick up from the bus terminal or the airport is included in all other locations.
* Support of local coordinator: From the very beginning to the end of the project, Awaiting Angels coordinator will help volunteers by supporting them and regularly visiting them.
* Information Packet: Awaiting Angels offers detailed information on issues that will concern volunteers, such as health, safety, and cultural shock.
* Orientation: Upon arrival in your location, participants are met at the airport or bus station and taken to the home of their host family. There you will receive an orientation that will familiarize you with the local area, the Peruvian culture, and your program.
* Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your respective service project will receive a certificate illustrating your contributed time.
- Group living
Volunteers involved in this project need to be highly patient and motivated. It is important to understand that these students learn at slower rates due to their disabilities and that they require much more time and care. No prior training or background is necessary to participate in these projects but if you have a background in medicine, therapy or psychology your skills would be welcomed and highly valued. But more importantly, you should be open-minded to the challenges that may arise from dealing with children and adults with disabilities. However, it's important to have an intermediate Spanish level.
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Written Application