Alternative Winter Break - Explore the Land of the Incas
- Eco Tours
- Heritage Tourism
- Nature Tours
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- English Teaching
- Human Rights
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Street Children
- Youth Development
Open to All Ages
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
* Volunteering Program: High quality volunteer program in Peruvian grassroots organizations.
* Home-stay accommodation: Volunteers will stay with a host family in a single or shared room (depending on availability).
* Cusco City tour: involves the visit of the City's Highlights, located in and around Cusco. We start off by visiting the huge "Inca Ceremonial Center of Sacsayhuaman". Later on we will visit another important Inca site known as "Qenqo". This is a place with subterranean passages and carved stone channels in a zigzag pattern. Afterwards we will do a short visit to the archaeological Inca site of "Tambomachay", a temple dedicated to the God of Water. After these visits, we will return to Cusco, where we will visit one of the most sacred Inca buildings, "The Temple of Koricancha". Koricancha was the most important temple of the Inca Empire.
* Macchu Picchu tour (2d/1n): you'll travel three hours by train, crossing for beautiful landscapes and valleys, you'll be able to see smalls villages with local people in the route, before arrive to Aguas Calientes the town of Machupicchu, you'll have the chance to experience the hotsprings in Aguas calientes town and them overnight and be readt next morning to have a guiding tour in Machupicchu then you'll return to Cusco by night.
* Three meals a day: The host family provides three daily Peruvian meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner from Monday to Saturday.
* Pick up: With Lima city exception pick up from the bus terminal or the airport is included.
* Support of local coordinator: From the very beginning to the end of the project, Awaiting Angels coordinator will help volunteers by supporting them and regularly visiting them.
* Information Packet: Awaiting Angels offers detailed information on issues that will concern volunteers, such as health, safety, and cultural shock.
* Orientation: Upon arrival in your location, participants are met at the airport or bus station and taken to the home of their host family. There you will receive an orientation that will familiarize you with the local area, the Peruvian culture, and your program.
* Entering phone calls.
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Written Application