[Pre-Med] Shadow Doctors 20+ Hours/Week in Italy
A woman in Greece A woman in Greece

[Pre-Med] Shadow Doctors 20+ Hours/Week in Italy

Clinical shadowing in Milan, Italy

I spent a duration of five weeks abroad and a total of three weeks shadowing. I took time before hand to travel in Italy and absolutely believe that my most valuable time abroad was in the hospital during my fellowship! I am forever grateful to the Atlantis Project for this opportunity and allowing me to learn more about what I love. I was able to network with many healthcare professionals and form a strong, professional network. Atlantis includes weekly excursions that were incredible to experience and places I never would have heard of otherwise. In addition to my time as a fellow, I had a multitude of opportunities in which I genuinely learned about the culture in my host country. I will absolutely be applying for another fellowship in the future!

Atlantis project

The Atlantis Project was a great opportunity that allowed me to explore Europe, learn more about other countries medical industry, and provided valuable experience that will benefit me for years to come.

An Unforgettable Experience

I was admitted to the Atlantis Fellowship which enabled me to shadow doctors for 20+ hours a week in Milan, Italy. It was a life-changing experience for me and I'm much more confident that medicine is the right path for me because of it. I think this would be a great opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a medical career.
It such a unique experience of not only medicine in a international setting but also a opportunity to see the culture of others. My favorite part was the food and meeting people from all different places. Everything was so authentic and real. I don't think there is any experience like this and highly recommend it to anyone, not just premed applicants. I'm an ambassador for this program now and hope to be able to spread the word to others.