Athena Study Abroad, Summer in Cadiz, Spain
Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign

Athena Study Abroad, Summer in Cadiz, Spain

Cadiz offered me a unique Spanish experience!

After researching for months which study abroad program I was interested in partaking in, I found Athena abroad. I honestly had never heard of it, so I began my research. I found that their locations were the most unique than any other study abroad programs. Athena abroad reaches out to more than those cities that are known as the "main stream." Athena abroad's locations are incredible and I believe that Cadiz offered me a unique Spanish experience! I loved the structure of the classes, class time, programs offered, and help given when needed. I also believe that Athena abroad's cost is more manageable than other study abroad programs. I would definitely recommend Athena abroad to those wanting to study abroad!

I felt safe

I really wanted to go to Cadiz because I thought it was such a unique experience and Athena abroad had this to offer. After researching for months which study abroad program I was interested in partaking in, I found Athena abroad. I honestly had never heard of it, so I began my research. I found that their locations were the most unique than any other study abroad programs. Athena abroad reaches out to more than those cities that are known as the "main stream." Athena abroad's locations are incredible and I believe that Cadiz offered me a unique experience! I loved the structure of the classes, class time, programs offered, and help given when needed. I also believe that Athena abroad's cost is more manageable than other study abroad programs. I would definitely recommend Athena abroad to those wanting to study abroad!

It's always interesting to me to see how other cultures interact and are on a normal basis. It was interesting to experience the siestas during the day, as the Spanish took breaks during their work day which is very different than America where this basically doesn't exist. I've become better at learning Spanish and also making friends from all over the world was awesome!

While being abroad in a country, and specifically a city where barely anyone spoke English was the best experience. I truly was able to enhance my Spanish speaking because it was my only way to communicate! I loved everything about this city (Cadiz), the people, the atmosphere, the food, everything was amazing. I think I also enjoyed walking everywhere which is so much different than the states where we practically have to drive everyone (well, in Georgia at least).

I looooooved my host family. Learning another language in the country where it's spoken is much better than trying to learn at home. Also their teaching method is better. I only had to get used to walking and the hours that the stores were open. During free time I explored the city with other students or went to the events held/ offered by the school. I also did surf lessons, which was awesome! On the weekends I traveled to other countries or cities. Tour of the city was great as well as the surf lessons were lots of fun.