Athena Study Abroad in Cusco, Peru
Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign

Athena Study Abroad in Cusco, Peru

Fun

I chose Athena Study Abroad because it was affordable and offered a program in an interesting city. The people I met at my school were great people and also from different countries around the world so I was able to not only learn about the culture in Peru but other cultures as well. My courses were challenging because they were all taught in Spanish so I needed to focus more to make sure I was able to understand the instructors. I now have a better understanding of culture outside the united states and have seen with my own eyes the different ways people live. Housing was great but located a bit far from the school. And during my free time I went to restaurants, go out with my friends, took weekend trips to other cities around Cusco and to other historical land marks. People were very friendly, nightlife was fun.

Some challenges that I faced was understanding their language and cultural differences, such as what is appropriate to wear and what behaviors are not accepted in their culture.

Affordable program in an interesting city

The people I met at my school were great people and also from different countries around the world so I was able to not only learn about the culture in Peru but other cultures as well. I now have a better understanding of culture outside the united states and have seen with my own eyes the different ways people live. Housing was great but located a bit far from the school. The people were very friendly, nightlife was fun.

I enjoyed my semester abroad with Athena

I enjoyed my semester abroad with Athena. I thought it was great that I was able to divy my time between Ecuador and Peru. I was in Ecuador for a month and Peru for three months. I also greatly like the setup of the Academia de LatinoAmerica de Español and enjoyed my time at both schools. Thank you!

I enjoyed the excursions that were included with the program, and agree that they should keep these excursions. The people there were very respectful, people keep to themselves and don't mess with you.

Our advisors were awesome and there when you needed them or just had a simple question. I chose Athena because they had the location and liked the aspect that all my classes were in Spanish at the Academia. In Quechua, I had to have a good understanding of Spanish before taking this class so it was very intellectually stimulating. A piece of advise for future students would be to expect to have limited wifi.