Athena Study Abroad in Aberdeen, Scotland
Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign

Athena Study Abroad in Aberdeen, Scotland

I had to go

I had been considering studying abroad for years when I ran into an ATHENA representative in my school cafeteria. I stopped to chat with the representative and was finally sold. I HAD to go.

The friends I made while overseas left an impact that has changed me forever. I feel much more comfortable with new experiences, and am ready for my next adventure. My view of the world has expanded and definitely been enhanced. I enjoyed the diversity of my roommates and felt very safe. Travel with friends and don't get TOO drunk.

SEE ALL OF THE CASTLES. Also, sorry to break your heart but nessy isn't real.

Loved living with other international students!

I had always wanted to go to Scotland and Athena offered a program there so I decided to apply for it. Their international student office was quite helpful and while I was over there I joined a University club sport and I made some of the best friends I've ever had through that. I learned that there are a lot of great little places in the world, yes the big cities are great but when you stray away from those, like going to little old Aberdeen, you really get a sense of what the country is all about. The city is pretty safe but definitely would advise walking with friends.