Study Abroad in Lombok, Indonesia - Mataram University
Asia Exchange Header Image Asia Exchange Header Image

Study Abroad in Lombok, Indonesia - Mataram University

Studying in Lombok- a cultural exchange in paradise

I am currently studying at the University of Mataram in Lombok and absolutely love it! As we are only 15 international students at UNRAM, it's really easy to get into contact with local students and learn about culture and local people's life. In general you can't find mass tourism in Lombok, which makes it even a better experience. Most of us stay in Senggigi, which is about 30 min to University. Some guys share a villa, other prefer to live alone in a small apartment. You can easily find a great and cheap accommodation, close to one of the beautiful beaches here;). The program offered by Asia Exchange gives you the opportunity not only to study management subjects but also subjects like "Tourism in Southeast Asia" or "Indonesian History and Culture". There is also a Bahasa class, which we all love, as the teachers are awesome! Some language skills also helped us a lot in our allday life's and of course the locals liked it aswell. The Asia exchange staff gave us lots of informations before and during the exchange, regarding visa, health, transport, accommodation, university, application process ect.. Everytime time I had a question or a request, they replied within view hours or max. one day. All in all it is a great experience and I can highly recommend the program! Especially when you can skip winter in Europe;)

Live your dream!

I did my exchange semester in Lombok in autumn 2016.

My exchange experience was absolutely amazing and I fell in love with Lombok! Not enough words to describe how happy I am that I decided to do it! I learnt many things about myself and everything around me. I got a chance to learn about new culture and country.

Rather than reading and dreaming about unforgettable adventures, why not to experience it all yourself!