Get AMPED Abroad: Volunteer or Internship in Costa Rica
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Throughout the year
First and third Monday of each month
- Volunteers (for most projects) must be at least 18 years of age.
- Interns must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least 60 hours of college course credit.
- Participants must provide proof of travel insurance prior to departure in conformance with AMPED Abroad's minimum coverage requirements.
- A 250 dollars non-refundable application fee is required.
- Physical Therapy
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
Cost in US$:
Please visit our website for details
- Emergency evacuation services
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
Program Fees Include:
The program fee includes: project set-up, written placement information, oversight, airport pick-up and/or drop-off, orientation, three meals per day, and host family accommodations (exceptions apply for some conservation projects, which may be more of a bungalow style dwelling.)
There is also a 250 dollars non-refundable application fee.
Note: Emergency evacuation services are limited to administrative/logistical support from AMPED Abroad and its in-country partners.
- While most projects do not require any previous experience, there are some projects where such requirements may exist.
- Animal Welfare
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Disability Issues
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Marine Conservation
- Public Health
- Senior Citizens
- Small Business Development
- Street Children
- Tree Planting
The average age range is 18-26. Depending on the time of year, summer months being the busiest, there are usually 2-3 volunteers per host family stay and per project placement. Note: Groups are self-organized and are not pre-arranged by AMPED Abroad. Participants traveling as a group may opt for a project as a group project. Please contact our staff for more information.
Minimum age is 18. Persons over 60 must provide a letter from their doctor.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is