Get AMPED Abroad: Volunteer or Internship in Costa Rica
- Physical Therapy
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Animal Welfare
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Disability Issues
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Marine Conservation
- Public Health
- Senior Citizens
- Small Business Development
- Street Children
- Tree Planting
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
First and third Monday of each month
Minimum age is 18. Persons over 60 must provide a letter from their doctor.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
Please visit our website for details
The program fee includes: project set-up, written placement information, oversight, airport pick-up and/or drop-off, orientation, three meals per day, and host family accommodations (exceptions apply for some conservation projects, which may be more of a bungalow style dwelling.)
There is also a 250 dollars non-refundable application fee.
Note: Emergency evacuation services are limited to administrative/logistical support from AMPED Abroad and its in-country partners.
- Group living
Salary & Compensation
Experience RequiredYes. While most projects do not require any previous experience, there are some projects where such requirements may exist.
- Volunteers (for most projects) must be at least 18 years of age.
- Interns must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least 60 hours of college course credit.
- Participants must provide proof of travel insurance prior to departure in conformance with AMPED Abroad's minimum coverage requirements.
- A 250 dollars non-refundable application fee is required.
- Online Application