AIFS Gap Year Programs: London, England (Semester/Year)
study abroad students study abroad students

AIFS Gap Year Programs: London, England (Semester/Year)

Memories to last a lifetime

Since I had never been outside of the United States, I was extremely nervous and had no idea what to expect. Luckily, the AIFS Staff took me under their wing and helped make the entire experience the most amazing few months of my life. Kensington is the most beautiful place to study and explore. It is so close to all of the amazing sights in London which made every day new and exciting. One day you can be exploring museums and having afternoon tea at Kensington Palace, but the next day you are soaking up the sun on the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Another thing I really enjoyed were the unique classes that were offered; however, I felt as though I learned the most through outside exploration, travel, and other experiences. Within a few short weeks of being in London, I knew my way around like the back of my hand and quickly referred to Kensington as my home. Study abroad has allowed me to find a passion for traveling, establish future career goals, and become a more independent individual.

Experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad can be an exciting, but also stressful process. With AIFS everything was simple and easy. From applying to landing in England everything was taken care of. Going abroad with an all-inclusive program like AIFS means that your tuition, housing, food, flights (if you choose), and even some activities once there are included. This was my first time traveling alone and AIFS really made the whole process seamless. Once in London the staff and professors really made the experience that much better. Our resident director really was our mom while we were abroad and our academic advisors handled any problems with courses immediately. My time in London already would have been incredible, but going abroad with AIFS just made it that much better.

Perfection

From the very beginning of the application process, to the very end of my flight on the way home, AIFS has been absolutely perfect. The convenience of this AIFS program is something that I have never experienced elsewhere. From booking your flights for you to giving you meals and housing, the AIFS program in London is unprecedented. The location of campus is as central London as it gets and the staff in the United States as well as in London are always responsive, friendly, and made it feel like home. Additionally, AIFS was fantastic in giving several opportunities for travel outside of London such as Bath, Cambridge, Paris, and so much more. I don't have one bad thing to say about this program at all. I would recommend it to anyone at all that is interested in International Education and Studying Abroad. Choose AIFS; you won't regret it.