Internship in Herbal Medicine
Alquimia Centre of Healing Arts Header Image Alquimia Centre of Healing Arts Header Image

Internship in Herbal Medicine

Life changing

I did an internship at Alquimia to learn about the Mayans ancient practice through plants, ceremonies and retreats. Elisa, who is our teacher helped us to experience what it meant to understand plants as well as allowing us to meet these plants through jungle walks, ceremonies and teachings. I am honestly happy that I got the opportunity to participate in all the wonderful experiences that Alquimia offered. While doing an internship at Alquimia you will experience different changes. The first change you will experience is being engulfed by the surrounding sounds that the nature of the jungle produces. Then you will recognize plants and develop a relationship with them. The rest of the change is in you and you realize more about your self then you probably ever have. I liked all the lessons and experiences about Alquimia because I wasn't only learning about plants, Mayan ceremonies, sound frequency and more but I was learning about myself the whole time as well. The sound frequency classes provided by Davide are amazing. You will become more and more intrigued by all of the lessons these two wonderful teachers have to offer. I recommend everyone to go into the jungle and just be. This is a place for everyone because nature never rejects those who to learn about her. Thank you Alquimia for the greatest experiences of my life and hope to return soon to learn more.

Simply beautiful

No words can describe what my experience has been.
I feel grateful for all the teachings and the community warmth.
I would suggest this internship for a profound exploration of Maya medicine and herbalism.

Transformative experience in the jungle of Guatemala

I finally found the time to write down a few notes about my one-month internship and I feel extremely satisfied and fulfilled by the whole program.
I had the opportunity to go deeply in the Maya culture with medicine, plants and locals and I matured a genuine interest in healing arts like psychodrama and rituals. The average staying was excellent, especially the location: surrounded by nature, the river and the caves. The teachings came in form of open lessons, practice and spiritual insights. I feel grateful.