Volunteer in a Green Tourism Project in South of France
ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops Header Image ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops Header Image

Volunteer in a Green Tourism Project in South of France

Amazing 2 weeks in Balazuc!

I had wonderful experiences and unforgettable memories through this program!

Everyone at the host place was very friendly to me. Some took even special efforts so that I settle in well over there. The main host made sure I have everything I need for comfortable arrangements. Moreover, he made schedule such that I get to not only experience all the activities that happen there but also be a good part of the team!

I have been on 'garde' with the goats, got to be part of 'traite' for milking of the goats and cheese making process. Along with that I did some gardening, made bread and even fabricated dry toilettes for their festival! I got to be part of the hosting team where I generally used to have most of my meals along with helping them. Thus got an opportunity to interact with interesting groups of children, teachers, professors and the french-german group.

I also had time to explore things by myself. So I have gone on 'balade' many times, visited Balazuc very well and nearby regions, visited Avignon and swam in Ardèche. The place is so beautiful that each day I was amazed by it in its own way! I must have taken hundreds of pictures there, including many pics at the same locations! I will miss being so close to the nature, with the sound of the birds singing, wind blowing past and just the perfect amount of sunshine!

Moreover, I got to experience the life in a village in France. Got to learn a lot about the french culture and also improve my spoken french. The people there were multitalented, amicable and very inspiring to me personally to care more for the environment and to live a simple life.

I would totally recommend this program to people who like to travel, meet new people, experience French culture and who are up for an interesting adventure!!

Une Magnifique Expérience!

My time in France at Montpellier, Nimes and La Vacquerie, (Languedoc-Roussillon), was an fantastic experience: a highly rewarding and beneficial cultural immersion!
During the three month placement, I have considerably improved my knowledge of the French language.
It has been wonderful meeting with the locals and cultivate meaningful relationships.
Due to unusual circumstances the role of the program manager had been vital in changing my placement when it became necessary.
I have been very fortunate to be placed with different families all very kind and cooperative, who went to lengthy measures to ensure I would explore amazing locations, beautiful attractions and breathtaking scenery and nature.
The experience has been beneficial in terms of my personal growth and professional development..
In terms of my role as Language Assistance having all of my ESL lesson plans proved to be extremely helpful, it saved me time and frustration.
Definitely greatly rewarding experience I would do again.
I advise prospective Language Assistants to ensure they are placed with a family whose specific needs are not too dissimilar and diverse to their own. In other words ensure not to underestimate their own needs.