Civils & Roading truck drivers
New Zealand: Auckland, Blenheim, Cambridge and 22 other cities
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African, Irish, British, Worldwide, Asian and Kiwi Participants.
Cost in USD
Skills and knowledge
Heavy truck drivers need to have:
excellent driving skills
basic knowledge of the mechanics of their truck and how to maintain it
- knowledge of how to secure loads – for example, how to use load binders, chains and strops
- knowledge of transport laws and related industry laws
- knowledge of emergency procedures and how to handle hazardous conditions
- ability to use satellite tracking equipment and on-board computers.
- Heavy truck drivers who are self-employed also need to have good business skills.
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application