Animal Care & Farm Maintenance in the Dominican Republic
- Animal Welfare
- Organic Farming
1-2 Years, 2-4 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 7-12 Months, Summer
Age Requirement Varies
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
What is included?
• Volunteer or Internship placement
• Volunteer Guesthouse or Family Homestay (single room with two meals per day included)
• Free Wi-Fi and use of washing machine at all Aldeas de Paz facilities
• Placement introduction and hand-outs, supervision, regular briefings and meetings
• 6 free academical Spanish lessons every week
• Certificate and/or written reference or student credit
• Full support and 24/7 backup from local staff
• Local bus terminal pickup
• Information about adventure packages
What is not included?
• Airfare to the Dominican Republic
• National and local transport and related services
• Meals at the Volunteer Guesthouse
• Personal expenses or pocket money
• Travel/medical insurance
• Expenses incurred in preparing for the trip
- Group living
- Guest House
Salary & Compensation
Spanish language classes - volunteers or interns receive up to six free language lessons every week. The classes focus on developing communication skills so that students are able to put their knowledge to practical use as soon as they step outside the classroom. Outside the classroom, the learning process continues as you immerse in the Spanish language and the Dominican culture.
Language Skills Required
Overall there are no previous experiences required to participate in the program, but of course you have to be an animal lover. A typical Animal Care & Farm Maintenance volunteer and intern has already worked in animal shelters, is a student in a veterinary school or a dog walker, etc. However, a person that does not necessarily have any experience or training, but just really loves animals and wants to help care for them is welcome as well. He or she needs to be enthusiastic, proactive, ready for a challenge and willing to do maintenance work. It is important to keep in mind that the farm work does not only consist of petting dogs but also includes physical work like cleaning kennels and stables and being outside a lot. Nevertheless, the animal’s love and affection that you will be met with are worth all of the effort! Friendliness, commitment and patience are among significant qualities. Basic conversational Spanish skills are required.
In this program, we also encourage you to come with a friend and volunteer together because sharing the work at the farm will be even more fun.
- Online Application