Gap Year Types
- Study Abroad
- Student Exchange
- Community Service & Volunteering
7-12 Months, 3-6 Months
Age Requirement Varies
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- Professional guidance and support throughout the entire application and program
- Placement with a carefully selected volunteer host family
- Placement with a host school
- Round-trip international travel
- Orientations prior to departure and after your arrival
- Comprehensive secondary medical insurance
- Visa information
- Access to a support network that includes AFS Professional Staff in the U.S. and your host country, plus thousands of trained volunteers worldwide.
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Be within the program age range at the start of the program. Refer to website.
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Be in good mental, physical and emotional health.
- Online Application
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- In-Person Interview when Feasible