Volunteer Abroad in Zimbabwe with African Impact

1. Home
  2. Providers
  3. African Impact
  4. Volunteer Abroad in Zimbabwe with African Impact

Make a lasting difference in Zimbabwe with African Impact. Join this top volunteer organization in this country where it was founded in 2004. The organization has introduced hundreds of volunteers to Zimbabwe since its founding, and is proud to see the positive changes volunteering has achieved.

Making volunteering trips to Zimbabwe even better are the local people from the Shona and Ndebele tribes, who are some of the warmest and friendliest you will ever meet. Zimbabwe is also home to much of Africa's abundant flora and fauna, majestic Victoria Falls, and beautiful scenery.

Apart from these, Zimbabwe is also home to eight large national parks. Prior to traveling to Zimbabwe, volunteers can choose from a wide variety of projects in the fields of Community, Wildlife, Education, Healthcare, Conservation, and Development.

Program Highlights

Leave a lasting impact in Zimbabwe through volunteering.

Meet some of the warmest and friendliest people you will ever meet.

Explore Zimbabwe's amazing flora and fauna and beautiful scenery.

Check out majestic Victoria Falls and many national parks.

Choose a project from a variety of fields, including Wildlife, Education, and Healthcare.

Program Reviews

Most Recent
×

You won't regret a second

- Denmark

December 13, 2017

Amazing and unforgettable experience. I left home, feeling like a month was a long stay, and that I would wanna go home after 2 weeks. When I had to leave 4 weeks later, it was the last thing i wanted. I loved it there. I would have stayed for 6 months if i could.

Just amazing!

- Denmark

December 4, 2017

My stay here in Antelope Park has been amazing, I have met so many interesting, funny and sweet people during my stay. I really felt close to the animals in every different way, and I have learned so much about myself and the animals here in Africa.

You've been warned

November 17, 2017

Speaking of experience, once you decide to come here, you'll never want to leave again, and once you do - you will start planning your return. My second stay at AP has now come to an end and there is truly nothing better to spend your hard earned money on. The staff, the friends you make, the food and the animals are all the best thing you could wish for. You have officially been warned.

Recomend

November 6, 2017

The people here, volunteers, staff, locals, is so nice. It is a great experience.

My time at Antelope park

November 5, 2017

During my 2 weeks at Antelope Park I have got to do so much different things! I love how many animals I have got to meet and interact with, how much I have learned about wildlife and the local culture, and all the people I have met during my time here. I am so happy I got to do this and I would love to come back and be here longer another time.

My experience

- Norway

October 28, 2017

I enjoyed my stay at Antelope park so much! We did many different types of activities which i've never tried before. Before I came down here I was unsure if the project really was more for lions or the tourists, but now I can see that what we do here really helps the lions population grow!

Anine's review

- Norway

October 28, 2017

I really liked staying at Antelope Park, you get everything like food, a place to sleep, new friends and awesome experiences. The staff at Antelope Park are so nice and all the volunteers too! I love that there are so many new things you can try, like walking with lions and elephants and prepping the food for the lions. I am glad that by staying and being a volunteer at AP we are helping the animals, and we are also able to help form and shape the life of the kids and people in Zimbabwe. I truly loved being a volunteer at AP and I love everything they do.

Lion encounter photography

- United States

October 8, 2017

Overall a great experience. Since I am older than the average participant, my only wish was there had been more volunteers my age. I would do it again regardless and maybe bring a friend. Wonderful experience.

Program Details

• Online Application

Recognitions

Related Programs

Hands-on Lion and Wildlife Conservation in Victoria Falls

The African lion population has decreased by an astonishing 80 - 90% over the past 40 years. By joining volunteer projects in Africa together with African Impact, ALERT and Lion Encounter, you can assist in restoring Africas wildlife in these delicate eco systems. The ...

Hands-On Lion Conservation Volunteering at Antelope Park

The African lion population has diminished by 80 - 90% in the past 40 years. The aim of the Lion Rehabilitation Program, African Impacts own pilot project, is to release and therefore restore lion populations ...

Community Teaching & Hands-on Lion Conservation Project

Help improve the lives of underprivileged children and contribute to conservation efforts for the African Lion. Volunteers get the chance to experience the best of both worlds through a project that will open ...