Volunteer Abroad in South Africa with African Impact

1. Home
  2. Providers
  3. African Impact
  4. Volunteer Abroad in South Africa with African Impact

Volunteer in South Africa and make a positive impact in the country with top volunteer organization African Impact. Participate in a life-changing journey in South Africa, consistently rated as one of the best travel destinations in the world.

We specialize in award-winning volunteer programs that offer a broad range of charitable projects throughout the country. Volunteers can be researching Africa's Big 5 in the Greater Kruger, educating on HIV/AIDS in Zululand, or supporting orphaned or other vulnerable youth in the Cape Flats of Cape Town.

In African Impact's volunteer programs in South Africa, you will balance volunteer work with various experiences, such as safaris in world famous Kruger National Park, climbing Table Mountain in Cape Town, shark cage dives, or driving the world-renowned Garden Route.

Program Highlights

Volunteer in a variety of projects in South Africa.

Have a life-changing journey in one of the top travel destinations in the world.

Carry out a range of volunteer work, including research in the Greater Kruger, HIV/AIDS education in Zululand, and orphanage support in Cape Town.

Balance volunteer work with different experiences.

Climb Table Mountain or drive down the famous Garden Route.

Program Reviews

Most Recent
×

Great

- Netherlands

December 29, 2017

It was amazing, the staff is awesome and they always try to make everyone happy. The lodge itself is great, the swimming pool is a nice place to cool down when it is really hot. The game drives are amazing and the guides are really good and you can always have a good laugh with them.

Big 5 review

- Belgium

December 22, 2017

My stay at Dumela Lodge was absolutely amazing!
Starting from the first day, I knew I was going to have a wonderful time. The staff was super helpful, from the research managers to the kitchen staff. They make you feel at home from the very first moment you arrive there. Everybody working there is so very capable and excel in what they are doing (guides, coordinators, managers, security, kitchen staff). They have an amazing team working there, which makes it so very easy to acclimatize to the new surroundings. The amount of work the staff is putting into all the research and other projects happening at the lodge is unbelievable. As a volunteer you realize what an impact the organization you are working for is having with all the research and community work they are doing, which is I think a very important thing to experience when doing volunteering work. I am very grateful for all the incredible stuff I got to learn while going on game drives. And of course for all the other wonderful experiences I had while staying here.
It will always remain an unforgettable experience!

Research at AI

- Germany

December 16, 2017

I really enjoyed the stay with AI it was an overall amazing experience, wether it was the photography project or the research project.
It was excellent organized and the staff was happy to help me on every occasion and need that I had.

My sevens weeks in Cape town

- Sweden

December 11, 2017

If someone told me 1 year ago that I would travel by myself to a country I've never visited before and to speak a language that isn't my first language I would just laugh. But here I am after seven incredible weeks in Cape town volunteering for African Impact and I couldn't be more satisfied. If you ever hesitate coming here, don't. Coming here was one of the best decisions in my life and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Photography

- United States

December 2, 2017

LEARNED SO MUCH. When starting out there was so much to learn,As the weeks went along ,its was like a building blocks. IT WAS DONE IN WAY THE EASY AND USEFUL.To be able to try to use what you learned that day was so helpful.

AI Saint Lucia

- United States

November 28, 2017

I really enjoyed the people we were able to work with and help through my two weeks at this project. Every week there was a schedule which made it easy to know where you were going to be and with who.

South Africa

- Australia

November 24, 2017

My two weeks volunteering on the teaching and GAPA programs in Cape Town have gone too fast. There are no words that can truly describe the types of people. kids, volunteers, activities, experiences and emotions that I have had on this trip. I feel grateful that I have had an opportunity to be welcomed into a community so different to my own and be able to help teach as well as learn new things everyday. Hopefully this will not be my last trip with African Impact. Thank You.

South Africa

- Australia

November 24, 2017

During my experience with African Impact I was apart of the GAPA and teaching program. Both programs gave me the opportunity to experience a new culture and help inspire young children. I can honestly say this has been an amazing experience and I have learnt so much.

Program Details

• Online Application

Recognitions

Related Programs

Veterinary Assistance & Abused Animal Shelter

Volunteer work with The Animal Rescue Shelter serves to rescue and care for an overwhelming amount of neglected domestic animals in underprivileged communities in Cape Town as well as educating these ...

African Wildlife Photography and Conservation

Through this project you not only get the chance to take amazing wildlife and magnificent landscape portraits, raising money for conservation projects, but your work will also be noticed, shared and used in ...

Rural Medical & HIV/AIDS Awareness, Zululand

The rural communities of Kwazulu Natal fall massively short when it comes to healthcare facilities and availability of basic treatments. Many aspects in rural areas prohibit people from receiving the required ...