Teaching and community support on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Teaching and community support on the slopes of Kilimanjaro

Gained confidence!

This project has changed me as a personal massively - I can't thank you enough for that. I gained far more confidence about travelling on my own as a young adult which has reassured me about the rest of my gap year.

It was a great first experience of volunteering

I think I have grown as a person, I do feel I have more I can give. It was a great first experience of volunteering. It has opened my eyes to see how diverse the world is. I do feel that there are many people that need support! It has also made me realise how happy you can be when focused on others and not yourself

Would come back asap!

The team in Moshi made the entire experience incredibly memorable and fun. Everything was well organised and we were fully immersed in the culture. The projects were great and you'll learn a lot there.

Good

The African Impact experience was amazing! I felt instantly welcomed and easily worked my way into the daily routine. The housing was far better than expected and the food was great. I felt very comfortable with everyone I worked with.

An experience true to its nature, positive and inspiring

My experience on the Moshi project was truly remarkable. It gave me the opportunity to connect with others, but also and possibly as important, it allowed me to connect with myself. I plan to join an AI project again in 2018. Thank you for doing the great work you are doing and inspiring us to join the effort.

An incredible experience

Volunteering with African Impact in Moshi was absolutely amazing! The volunteer house is situated close to the local projects so you are completely immersed in the community and have the chance to really get to know both your students and the teachers from the community. The local staff are all very inviting in sharing their culture and giving ideas on what to do around Moshi, and trips and tours are easily organized by the staff at the project. It's a great way to see Moshi and and get to know the area, and can easily be done pre or post hiking Kili!! If you are considering hiking Kili, I highly recommend volunteering as well because the area has so much more to offer than just the mountain, and the locals are some of the friendliest around. With the large variety of projects available, it is hard not to find one (or many) that you love!!

Moshi volunteering

It was amazing going to projects and teaching english to the community. It's amazing how you are teaching but at the same time learning a lot from them too. People are so welcoming and friendly. I loved how the students were constantly trying to become better everyday in class and how they really enjoyed having us there.

Safi sana, it's felt like home

I had the most incredible 2 weeks. The country and the community were absolutely awe-inspiring; every day I was surrounded by amazing weather, an amazing culture, amazing food, an amazing language, amazing Mount Kilimanjaro and, most of all, amazing people. The people here, from the very first day, really made Moshi feel like home. The staff, the other volunteers, the members of the community and the people we work with were so welcoming and so friendly. In this kind of environment, it's been impossible not to be happy every second of every day.
Perhaps best of all, even in just 2 weeks, you see the real, tangible difference you make in peoples' lives. It's so clear how much African Impact's projects benefit the members of the community; but, without a doubt, I've taken even more from it than they have.

Best thing i could ever do.

My 4 week stay with African Impact Moshi was literally the best thing I've ever done in my life. Loved having the opportunity to transmit knowledge to others and learn so much about all the people here.

A true cultural experience

Overall, my experience with African Impact has been excellent, from the projects themselves, the staff, the housing and even the food has been brilliant. I would highly recommend anyone with a interest in travelling to Africa and helping others to do so with African Impact.

Family volunteering with Africa Impact Moshi

My daughter (14) and I volunteered together on the Moshi community education project, which was a perfect fit for both of us. We taught English to older adults and worked in a nursery school with very young children- and loved both groups! At 14 my daughter gained so much confidence in her ability to communicate across language barriers and we were both so happy that the projects we were assigned to were really making such a positive impact on people's lives. Each week it seemed like new projects were starting up and new ideas were being developed, so the environment was dynamic and exciting. We were not just "volunteer tourist" out sight-seeing. We were expected to work hard and participate in both the planning and implementation of each program and the efforts we put out were returned in so many positive ways. Overall, we could not have expected a more positive outcome. We became quite attached to the Moshi area, love the people of Tanzania and have great respect for the staff of Africa Impact- we're already planning our next summers trip back to volunteer.

Great time!

All the volunteers and staff are really friendly which makes it much easier to settle in and feel at home. The volunteering gives a fantastic insight into Tanzanian culture, particularly Masai culture if you involved with Masai projects.

Awesome experience

For the past 2 weeks with African Impact, I've had an amazing experience teaching, caring and learning from everyone around me... not sure if my future vacations will ever be the same again! Congratulations African Impact for such an important mission you're accomplishing in this continent!

Exploration of Africa and myself

I still remember the scene that Sarah told me on the first day, "Ten days will pass very fast. Even one day of volunteering can make great impact on others." At that time, I couldn't totally accept what she said and still felt very uncomfortable about the new environment. As time passed by, I gradually felt Sarah's meaning of our impact on local people. Students' sincere "Asante", girls' high ambition about their future, and enthusiastic African's dancing are all stuck in my mind now. In short, these ten days have been one of the most valuable experiences in my life. I can actually feel the real help I have offered to local people, and I can see my growth and change during these ten days.A big ahsante all the people I've met and all the things I've experienced. Love you all.

Do I have to go home??

Wow What a phenomenal experience living and volunteering in Moshi for the last 3 weeks. The programme is very well organised so I have been able to experience working on different projects - from teaching Nursery children to working with the amazing elderly residents at the Wazee. It has been wonderful to meet and live with so many people from all around the world and you really feel like a part of a big family when you arrive. The volunteer house is very comfortable and the food is awesome. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone, however you won't ever want to leave.

Great

I had an amazing time in Moshi the projects where great and I have met so many people from around the world that I have become very close too. overall I had a great experience. I would definitely recommend.

Excellent

African Impact Moshi was a a wonderful experience. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. A very genuine experience.

It was personally Transforming

Moshi African Impact was welcoming, ethical and gave an amazing opportunity to engage and add to the local community. The range of projects on offer was great and catered to the varied talents and preferences of the volunteers present I really appreciate the support from the project co-ordinators at all times, so that we delivered safe and valued education and care to the community. I and my daughter learnt so much from all the locals and other volunteers about Tanzania, other cultures, teaching and ourselves. Thank you - I want to come back soon

Excellent

I had a wonderful time over here and I want to stay longer, but I already booked another holiday after this, so that is not an option. When I think of leaving it makes me sade, so that's what Moshi and African Impact do to me!!!

Awesome experience with African Impact Tanzania

It was one of the best decisions I have ever made, It was an experience that I will never forget.

My time in Tanzania

My time in Tanzania and on project has been amazing. I was a little apprehensive before I arrived as to how easy it would be to settle into the projects, but after the first day, with people helping me out, I felt right at home. The people, the accommodation and the experience have all been fantastic.

Excellent

I loved the projects I was on and I really feel that African Impact is helping because in just the month that I have been here I have seen a great improvement. The tours and excursions are also amazing.

Good

I have really enjoyed my time here. The food was good and the weekend activities were amazing. The house was located in a great area not to far from town but close to all the projects. The community was welcoming to us.

My experience with African Impact

WOW...what a journey. By far the best cultural experience I've had. The people, the food, the music, the energy, gratitude, strength, adventure & love. These past couple of weeks have been amazing! Thank you African impact for setting up fantastic quality projects & helping me seek incredible adventures.

A life changing experience.

My time with African Impact in Moshi has been so amazing. Everyday i'm here, it gets better and better!! The people I have met, and the friendships I have made, will stay with me for a long time.

This is the first volunteering placement that I have ever done, I therefore was unsure on what to expect when coming here. My expectations have been surpassed so much, and the way the project is managed is so effective. All staff are so personable, and make you feel like part of the family (A really super cool one!). I have been in Moshi for 1 month, and it will be so hard to leave.

All projects that I have worked with have been so inspiring. African Impact's work is appreciated by all recipients so much, and is so much part of the local community. - leading to some amazing friendships. I would recommend coming to Moshi so much, it has really changed my outlook on so many things and I shall certainly be returning!!

Thank you to the amazing staff and team, I will miss you all.