Teaching and community support on the slopes of Kilimanjaro
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Teaching and community support on the slopes of Kilimanjaro

Safi sana, it's felt like home

I had the most incredible 2 weeks. The country and the community were absolutely awe-inspiring; every day I was surrounded by amazing weather, an amazing culture, amazing food, an amazing language, amazing Mount Kilimanjaro and, most of all, amazing people. The people here, from the very first day, really made Moshi feel like home. The staff, the other volunteers, the members of the community and the people we work with were so welcoming and so friendly. In this kind of environment, it's been impossible not to be happy every second of every day.
Perhaps best of all, even in just 2 weeks, you see the real, tangible difference you make in peoples' lives. It's so clear how much African Impact's projects benefit the members of the community; but, without a doubt, I've taken even more from it than they have.

Best thing i could ever do.

My 4 week stay with African Impact Moshi was literally the best thing I've ever done in my life. Loved having the opportunity to transmit knowledge to others and learn so much about all the people here.

A true cultural experience

Overall, my experience with African Impact has been excellent, from the projects themselves, the staff, the housing and even the food has been brilliant. I would highly recommend anyone with a interest in travelling to Africa and helping others to do so with African Impact.

Family volunteering with Africa Impact Moshi

My daughter (14) and I volunteered together on the Moshi community education project, which was a perfect fit for both of us. We taught English to older adults and worked in a nursery school with very young children- and loved both groups! At 14 my daughter gained so much confidence in her ability to communicate across language barriers and we were both so happy that the projects we were assigned to were really making such a positive impact on people's lives. Each week it seemed like new projects were starting up and new ideas were being developed, so the environment was dynamic and exciting. We were not just "volunteer tourist" out sight-seeing. We were expected to work hard and participate in both the planning and implementation of each program and the efforts we put out were returned in so many positive ways. Overall, we could not have expected a more positive outcome. We became quite attached to the Moshi area, love the people of Tanzania and have great respect for the staff of Africa Impact- we're already planning our next summers trip back to volunteer.

Great time!

All the volunteers and staff are really friendly which makes it much easier to settle in and feel at home. The volunteering gives a fantastic insight into Tanzanian culture, particularly Masai culture if you involved with Masai projects.

Awesome experience

For the past 2 weeks with African Impact, I've had an amazing experience teaching, caring and learning from everyone around me... not sure if my future vacations will ever be the same again! Congratulations African Impact for such an important mission you're accomplishing in this continent!

Exploration of Africa and myself

I still remember the scene that Sarah told me on the first day, "Ten days will pass very fast. Even one day of volunteering can make great impact on others." At that time, I couldn't totally accept what she said and still felt very uncomfortable about the new environment. As time passed by, I gradually felt Sarah's meaning of our impact on local people. Students' sincere "Asante", girls' high ambition about their future, and enthusiastic African's dancing are all stuck in my mind now. In short, these ten days have been one of the most valuable experiences in my life. I can actually feel the real help I have offered to local people, and I can see my growth and change during these ten days.A big ahsante all the people I've met and all the things I've experienced. Love you all.

Do I have to go home??

Wow What a phenomenal experience living and volunteering in Moshi for the last 3 weeks. The programme is very well organised so I have been able to experience working on different projects - from teaching Nursery children to working with the amazing elderly residents at the Wazee. It has been wonderful to meet and live with so many people from all around the world and you really feel like a part of a big family when you arrive. The volunteer house is very comfortable and the food is awesome. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone, however you won't ever want to leave.

Great

I had an amazing time in Moshi the projects where great and I have met so many people from around the world that I have become very close too. overall I had a great experience. I would definitely recommend.

Excellent

African Impact Moshi was a a wonderful experience. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. A very genuine experience.

It was personally Transforming

Moshi African Impact was welcoming, ethical and gave an amazing opportunity to engage and add to the local community. The range of projects on offer was great and catered to the varied talents and preferences of the volunteers present I really appreciate the support from the project co-ordinators at all times, so that we delivered safe and valued education and care to the community. I and my daughter learnt so much from all the locals and other volunteers about Tanzania, other cultures, teaching and ourselves. Thank you - I want to come back soon

Awesome experience with African Impact Tanzania

It was one of the best decisions I have ever made, It was an experience that I will never forget.

My time in Tanzania

My time in Tanzania and on project has been amazing. I was a little apprehensive before I arrived as to how easy it would be to settle into the projects, but after the first day, with people helping me out, I felt right at home. The people, the accommodation and the experience have all been fantastic.

Excellent

I loved the projects I was on and I really feel that African Impact is helping because in just the month that I have been here I have seen a great improvement. The tours and excursions are also amazing.

My experience with African Impact

WOW...what a journey. By far the best cultural experience I've had. The people, the food, the music, the energy, gratitude, strength, adventure & love. These past couple of weeks have been amazing! Thank you African impact for setting up fantastic quality projects & helping me seek incredible adventures.

Great project

The African Impact program in Moshi, Tanzania exceeded all expectations. There are a vast range of different projects you are apart of, which each have their own special qualities and allow you to fully engage with the community. I have learnt so much from this experience and every part of the project was amazing.

My awesome experience at African Impact

i found this program a wonderful experience for all ages. This program really helps people in the way that they need to be helped for there education and its an amazing experience to see people grow.

Volunteer in Moshi!

We had a wonderful experience. The students were all so engaged and ready to learn. Working with Masaai adults in the English class was very meaningful to me. Also particularly enjoyed the cultural excursions like the Women's dinner and the 6 Rafiki tour. And everyone in Moshi was extremely friendly. So happy that we came to Moshi!

Great

Everything was really great here. I loved being super involved in the community with different projects and being able to get to know others around the area. Everyone was super friendly and the staff is awesome.

Amazing trip

the people were very friendly and welcoming everywhere i went. it was so nice to see everyone hear and hangout with the adorable kids. I loved being with everyone and creating memories. The staff was awesome.

Life changing

African Impact is such a wonderful organization. I feel so at home here and am incredibly fortunate to have been a part of yalls family for the past few weeks. I would like to say thank you for your patience, friendliness, and humble nature. Every morning, I was greeted with warm smiles and "Mambo's" which made the Tanzanian Community feel like family. I cannot express how grateful I feel for having been given this opportunity. Ahsante Sana

Great project

this project has been a really wonderful experience for me, i love the staff, the environment, the food here is very delicious also, overall, this is a great great project, i really enjoyed it, thank you

10 out of 10; would recommend

This experience has been absolutely incredible. The staff here are very amiable and attentive to everyone's needs. These people aren't just thrown here for a job or for money. They truly care about the community they are working in and it shows. African Impact is very organized in what they they do from your ride from the airport to the projects you work on. Although this organization has a very set schedule, it is balanced so you are working your whole trip and so that you have time to explore the culture and area. We have weekends free and the activities that are offered are affordable. African Impact has embedded itself in the community so that you are really immersing yourself in the projects. The locals, staff, and others are very kind and you become one large family. If you are looking to make a true difference, African Impact is the perfect organization to do so.

The best experience.

This was one of the best experiences of my life. The people, the programs, the staff, the food, everything was amazing. I am only here for two weeks and I'm so sad to be leaving. The trip has made me fall in love with African culture, African people, the Swahili language and the people I volunteered with. It was an honor to volunteer with African Impact....

A trip to remember

My time with African Impact in Tanzania was by far the most rewarding experience in my life. Two weeks was definitely not enough days here in Moshi Town and the people make it so hard to leave. Not only do the staff make you feel the most comfortable and welcome, but as do the residents of Tanzania. Everyone greets you with the biggest smile and working on the projects with all ages (infants to a 105 year old), has never opened my eyes as much as it did these past couple weeks. The amount of involvement the volunteers are given is so gratifying and I highly recommend African Impact for everyone.