Over 30s Pre-School & Teaching Volunteering in Cape Town
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Over 30s Pre-School & Teaching Volunteering in Cape Town

Joteaches

This was one of the best learning experiences I have ever had. I normally do not leave my comfort zone, but this trip made me step out and enjoy new experiences. I will be take all the children I worked with home with me. This was not the South Africa I had pictured in my head. It was so much more. The people I have met at Children of Hope and Red Hill are absolutely beautiful. There ability to persevere is amazing. I am looking forward to telling my students about my experiences here. Thank you for allowing me to share my knowledge with the teachers and children. They will always be in heart.

Meaningful experience in Cape Town

I had a great experience volunteering with African Impact in Cape Town. The program staff did a fantastic job of making me feel welcome, and engaging volunteers in meaningful projects. We were able to see how our volunteering fit into a bigger picture of community development. I enjoyed meeting volunteers from all over the world, and getting to volunteer in a meaningful and personalized way.

Amazing Volunteering Experience

I highly recommend volunteering with African Impact. My project, kids, staff, volunteers and the city were amazing. It was one of the best things that I have done in my life. I liked every moment I spent here.

Over 30's volunteer experience

I really enjoyed my time with African Impact doing the Over 30's teaching and preschool project. I learned so much about the communities in which I worked and I feel that even in my short time here, I made a difference. I passed on a few things to the children, teachers, and AI staff but I know I'm going home with so much more! This has been an experience I will never forget.

Over 30's preschool and teaching project

As a teacher from the United States, I was initially apprehensive about walking into a school where there were minimal educational resources and basically no modern amenities. In the end, the challenge of thinking outside the box and learning to be grateful for what I have has made me not only a better teacher, but also a better person. My hope is that the children I met here will remember my impact as much as I will remember the impact they have had on me.

Over 30's pre-school volunteer program

Over 30s Preschool - Excellent program! You are able to plan, lead, and teach at a preschool classroom everyday. You are given excellent support by staff. Your ideas are considered invaluable and implemented!

Leaving my comfort zone

Outstanding experience for me. Loved working with the children and seeing how little it takes to excite them..
They were warm, loving and eager to learn.
As an older volunteer I did not expect to form such close relationships with the younger volunteers. However, they welcomed me and I was always invited to join in their outings. It has been so great meeting people from all over the world..

30 th over project with the golden girls

it was amazing, an great experience. To see the children smiling and learn children something was very nice. The staff was expert. The welcome was warm. the projects where useful, both home from home, the schools en the library.

volunteering in Africa

I had a wonderfull exoerience with volunteering in Capetown. The people are so nice and welcoming and the kids were so enthousiastic. Dan is the best and also Debs, Michelle, Jess, Thulani and Sandiso

An amazing experience in Capetown

I was on the 30+ project for two weeks in Capetown. It was a great experience. I really felt i tribute to the projects. You can really make your own planning on the project. I never felt unsave for a minute.

Lori's review

Overall, I had a good experience. Support system was great. My personality is introverted so had difficulty adjusting to numbers of people in the house and teaching the preschoolers, but by the second week I felt more comfortable in both areas. Felt like I needed a little more direction in planning for projects having had no prior experience working with preschoolers.

Over 30s teaching

Amazing people, amazing places,! A great experience and you feel like you are giving something back and working towards a goal/ aim for improvements for people in local areas. You have the opportunity to really get involved!