Orphan Care and Teaching - Victoria Falls
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Orphan Care and Teaching - Victoria Falls

Frida

I really enjoyed my stay in Vic. Falls and I’m so happy for all my new experiences. But, the information we got before isn’t true to the reality. We expected more hours helping the community, and also to have a schedule on Saturdays but instead we have been off all weekends. This is nothing that destroyed our time here, it just wasn’t what we expected. The lodge got everything we needed and we always felt safe.

Frida

My experience at Vic falls has been truly amazing and I got to explore a whole new culture in the best way.
Though it wasn’t what I expected. In my information sheets I recieved before departure, the schedule looked different from the reality. I thought it would be more community work and a busier schedule with a project at Saturday’s aswell.
After all I still had a great experience but it was more vacation than I thought it would be.

My experience in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

An absolutely wonderful journey so glad I came back to Zimbabwe and also Victoria Falls, forgot how gorgeous this place is - the whole experience has been memorable from the project to the people. They continue to amaze me with their friendliness to nothing is too much trouble. Have fallen in love again with my home.

Amazing experience working with a team of wonderful people. There is a great variety of activities so one is never bored. Great combination of work and fun. The staff...drivers, community volunteers, coordinators are all awesome! They go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and having a memorable experience. And the country....I have travelled all over the African continent...this is now my favorite spot, breathtakingly beautiful! If I had come all this way to just see the falls would have been absolutely worth it. Community project was great, the kids energetic and excited to learn and the staff working on the project make it feel like a family.

An amazing community project experience

After spending 3 months in Victoria Falls, I am completely satisfied with the project and the organization. I've already recommended African Impact to several people and am so happy that I, myself, chose to come. The people who work for African Impact addressed any concerns and questions that I had before my trip quickly, giving me reassurance as I prepared to travel to another country for an extended period of time. I was given very detailed inductions for what the community project was, as well as introductions to the other projects that take place in Victoria Falls. I was immersed in the community and felt immediately welcomed. I'm proud of the work I've done, and have made many meaningful relationships with fellow volunteers and the staff here at Tokki Lodge. It's been an amazing trip.

Volunteer work

I had an amazing experience at lion encounter. I enjoyed working alongside all of the other volunteers and have become friends with both volunteers and the leaders. They will all be muchly missed and I hope o get the chance to come back again one day. Whether it's volunteer work or just to see beautiful Victoria falls again.

Community outreach in victoria falls

Amazing experience! It makes a great impact in the community and even more on the volunteers. The staff is very caring, the community very welcoming, activities very flexible, and other volunteer very cheerful. Hope to come back someday!

Community project Vic falls

I've been volunteering for 3 weeks in Vic Falls, and it was an amazing experience and I've learned so much here. I like that there was a lot of variation in the projects, every day was different. But still I went to every place a couple of times and got to know the children/old people/everyone there.

Community

אוקיי אז כשהגעתי לפה לא ידעתי כל כך לאן אני נכנסת , חוויתי לפני זה פרוייקט תחזוקה בבתי ספר בקייפטאון , לא תיארתי לעצמי שזה יהיה כל כך שונה פה . נחתתי בשדה וכבר שהגעתי לזימבבואה הבנתי כמה החוויה שלי הולכת להיות שונה. הגענו לבית החלתי להבין על הפרוייקט ועצם זה שגיליתי שכל יום יש לי פרוייקט שונה הבנתי לאיזה תקופה מטורפת
אני נכנסת , כל יום וכל פרוייקט היה מיוחד ומספק בשבילי . עברתי פה דברים שלא אשכח , משפחות, חברים, ילדים, בתי ספר , לי דו אותי הרבה יותר מאשר אני לימדתי אותם . חוויה של פעם בחיים. הילדים האלה נכנסו לי ללב ולא יצאו משם. תודה רבה לכולם, לצוות, לטבחים, לנהגים, לבית , לחברים, הפכתם את החוויה הזאת להרבה יותר מהנה! תודה !

Community

The people here in Zimbabwe are amazing, most of the staff I have really enjoyed getting to know, and by the end of my three weeks here I fell in love with the kids and elders at the old people's home. Some of the volunteers I will remain friends with, we are even planning trips to visit each other already. I hope to come to Africa again in the near future!

Community project

I had an amazing time here. I loved the people i met both at the lodge and out in the community. wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I got to experience so many new things that i had no idea i would even get to experience a couple months ago.

Good

I volunteered with African Impact, Victoria Falls, for four weeks and they were all unforgettable! Each day is something new and the extra activities and excursions available at this location make staying there amazing. The staff is great, I definitely think very highly of my entire experience.

Unforgettable experience!

When I decided to join African Impact as a volunteer, I chose Victoria Falls for the for the variety of community activities available, but I had no idea of how incredible it would be! I am not a guy that uses to believe in life changing experience...but definitely this was one!
Every single day was unforgettable, even when we were going to places we had visited before.
My main goal was to help the community, but the project also provided the opportunity of being part of lions research and other conservation programs. Besides all adversities, like the rain and the dirt roads, I was always welcomed with happiness and big smiles. Yes! I taught computer basics to the kids, I taught maths, we did a lot of reading, we played! And I danced and I laughed and I hugged!
But the most important, I came here to teach, but I learned so much about wildlife, about education, about being happy and about appreciating what really matters in our life.
Talking to “Joseph” in the Old People's Home, playing games with that small kids, teaching those regardful and smart students are experiences I will carry through my whole life! Thanks to all the African Impact staff who made my stay in Zimbabwe wonderful! Everyone- the guides, coordinators, guards, kitchen chefs, house cleaning ladies and the others volunteers made me feel home. I am glad I had the opportunity to add some drops to the bucket. If you are thinking about volunteering, consider coming to Vic falls!
As written in the Neluswi primary school, “No one left behind!! “. Be part of it!

Mid-life gap year

I'm Ruth from Cheshire in England. I arrived in Victoria Falls a week before Christmas and received a very warm welcome.

As an older volunteer (I'm 50), I was a bit nervous of sharing a house with lots of younger people. However, I settled in straight away as everyone was very friendly.

I have spent a month working in the community on Kids Club and Reading Club Projects which are great fun, both locally and in the rural areas. It has been a wonderful insight into the lives of local people and has made me realise how much can be achieved with very little as long as their is energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. And I mean that from both the kids (which it is in abundance!) and the volunteers.

Wider projects included working with the community to clean up areas of the town and I personally was very proud to be part of the team that took this from a volunteer only project to one which engaged the local people. The Lion Conservation and Game Counts I have done have been really interesting and a fantastic addition to the community work.

The team here at the house have made me feel a real part of their ever changing family and I am truly touched by their kindness. Chezsus and Sha - thanks for the great food and I hope you continue to make my tuna pasta bake for new volunteers!

Fantastic

The first few days everything was new and I had to get used. I didn't had my suitcase, it's a lot warmer and everything is different. The last three weeks I had so much fun! I've made friends and I'm sure that I'm going to see them back again. You live in a house as a family, you eat together you are living together and sharing your experience together. I look back on a great experience, and I'd love to go back in time.

My second home: Victoria Falls

After I spent one month at the Lion Conservation Programme in Victoria Falls last year I missed everything so much that I decided to return. Back in VicFalls in October 2016 I really enjoyed my stay for 1.5 moth and made again friends for a lifetime. I was 4 weeks at the Lion and 2 weeks at the Community Programme. I felt in love with the kids in PreSchool Chinotimba how I never expected. I also enjoyed it to playing games at the Old Peoples Home and to see the big smiles on their faces. As long as I loved the Community Programme my heart still belongs to the lions. I can't describe my fascination for those animals! Lions are just the most beautiful creature I've ever seen!

Great experience!

I was in Vic-Falls last year, and I couldn't wait to return this year.
The volunteering was just as fun, and I felt the the impact we were able to make even increased during this past year. The local staff is amazing and very welcoming, and it was great to get to see them again as well.
The group of volunteers was fun to be a part of, and it's always fun to meet new people from all over the world.
I can't wait to come back again when I get the chance!

Margret review

Along with my daughter, we have three weeks as volunteers in Zimbabwe We did the project in the community.
This project was intended for pre-school, primary school, orphanage, Old people House en help with gardening bij people with HIV
Every day was different and you also see the other projects of Africa Impact
The were three fantastic weeks and definitely worth repeating.

Great program all around

This is an amazing program that uses a mixture of a top down, bottom up approach in helping the local community and ensuring they can be self sustainable. Everyone who is here has huge hearts to give!

Better then i could imagine

I already visited Africa for a few times, so i knew what to expect. But this trip gave me a new view on Africa. Because you really get to work and talk with the African people and you will visited places you wouldn't visit on a holiday. This trip was better then I expected. There's so much diversity in the project. You get a family feeling with the other volunteers. And you can do so many awesome activities during your free time. I was on the community program in Vic falls. I would really recommend African Impact and this location because you really feel useful and appreciated. African impact is a nonprofit organization and i think that that is one of the best points of this organization.

Community project

Extremely well done program, giving you a well rounded perspective. The days were pact with activities and each night you would go to bed being satisfied and ready to give more effort the day after. By the end of the stay you definitely feel changed and impacted in your everyday duties.

Three weeks in Vic Falls

The only thing I regret about my trip was not staying longer.

Making an impact on peoples lives, establishing such extraordinary relationships with both community members and volunteers, exposing yourself to things you have never seen before and trying new things, it was all so rewarding. I'll always carry Vic Falls in my heart and can guarantee that I will be back one day.

A great time!

I really loved my time in Vic Falls. Everything was amazing. Working with a variety of people, anywhere from preschoolers to the elderly at the Old People's Home, really showed me a lot about what life is like here and taught me so much. The volunteer experience really opened my eyes, and I'm so glad I did. The staff worked hard to make the volunteers a family, and it really paid. Plus they try their best to help you enjoy your time off with various activities. Overall, I would highly recommend it!

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

A M A Z I N G

It was the most wonderful experience in my life. It overrated all my expectations. All the others in the house are so nice, the staff is also great! Same about the organisation. Nothing negative to say.. But maybe I still had to get used to the food ;)

Victoria falls volunteer

It was awesome and it is a really good organisation. They've planned everything really good. If you wanna change anything, you can do that. I had a great time with the other volunteers and the staff. Everyone is so friendly!