Marketing Internship with African Impact in Cape Town
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Marketing Internship with African Impact in Cape Town

Most inspirational 3 months of my life.

My internship from start to finish was amazing! I knew a lot about how to market myself through social media but I had to quickly change gears and remember that I am working for a company and not myself. I learned how to utilize social media platforms through social business tools to manage our sites to engange with our followers with exciting pictures, quotes, blogs and so much more. I am grateful to have been exposed to analytics and adword! I will one day have my own children's boutique and knowing the importance of google analytics I will be able to be on top of my game. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times but everything in life happens for a reason and you live and you learn. I could not have asked for a better marketing internship. These 3 months has been a journey that I will never forget!

-L.C. Eddins III

Highly Recommended

This internship is one of the best things I've ever done. After my degree I couldn't decide whether to start looking for work or to take a gap year and travel, so this was the best of both worlds. Cape Town is amazing - my new favourite city! When I first arrived everyone told me that I wouldn't want to leave and they were so right. There's so much to see and do. Beaches, mountains, shopping, bars, museums, sports, vineyards... The list goes on. Shark-cage diving was a particular highlight.

Working in the African Impact office was great. The Marketing and Social Media Managers are both lovely and I learnt a lot from them. You get to take on a fair amount of responsibility in this role as well so it was a great opportunity to develop practical knowledge/skills. When I eventually came home and started applying for jobs every interviewer just wanted to ask about the internship! It really stands out on a CV.

I'd recommend an internship with African Impact in a heartbeat. A return visit to Cape Town has also been added to my bucket list.

Great internship experience!

My Time as a marketing intern in Cape Town was a wonderful experience! The City is amazing, Between the differents Hike,food market, shark cage diving,the garden route,.. The list of activities is endless you never get bored there! I've met a lot of wonderful people, it's a lifetime experience! I will never forget all the nice moments there :)

The Internship itself was incredible experience! All the team is really nice and welcoming! I've learn a lot during my stay there! they ask me to do so many various work than you keep learning during all your stay! It never get repetitive! All the team make you feel immediately comfortable, they are always ready to answer to any of your questions, but it's also challenging, you can really see your improvement week after week! It's a really great working experience and all the team is really lovely!

However,The localization of the Intern House may not be the best if you want to explore the city during the week. Fishoek is a quiet area,but it's quite far from the city center, so you can't really explore the city during the week, except if you are ready to rent a car or pay for a transfer to the city. It's a cost that you have to add in your budget if you wish to go to the center during the week. It may not be the best place to stay for young people who wish to go out. When we had some problem at the house it also took some time to be fix. But during the weekend you can have the opportunity to be host at the volunteer house in the City Center and it's a wonderful location where you can meet a lot of volunteer from all around the world!! I've met the best people there!
This Internship with African Impact was one of my best experience ever, all the team was amazing and I will recommend it to everyone interested in Marketing and Social media!! Thank you to all the team for the great time there!

Marketing internship Cape Town

The internship itself was everything I was hoping for and expecting. Olivia and Andrew, my bosses, go out of their way to help you get everything you want out of the internship. I have acquired a whole set of new skills I can add to my CV and been trained in a number of social media and marketing tools. You can very much tailor the internship to your own taste and are left to work on your own projects when you want to or given tuition/ guidance when you ask for it. The office is welcoming and friendly, a very pleasant atmosphere to be in. Occasionally you will be invited to spend a day visiting the various volunteer projects around the area to see what the company does, it will be interesting and eye opening, go when you can!
Aside from the work experience, the reason I chose this internship in particular was to live in and experience Cape Town. African Impact does little to provide for this so you will need to take it upon yourself to fill your free time. I gave the accommodation 5/10 because it ticks the boxes but is only just about adequate. The flat is not a place I wanted to spend any time and with very limited transport opportunities as well as nothing to do in the small town of Fish Hoek it does put a downer on the whole experience. I ended up renting a car so I could have a lot more flexibility and things to do in the evenings which made my experience everything I wanted it to be but of course this is a substantial, unexpected cost. On the weekends you will occasionally be invited to stay in the volunteer house which is actually in Cape Town, this is where all your friends will be staying, make the most of it because your'e only allowed if the house isn't full.
Cape Town in an amazing place, I had a fantastic 3 months and have come away with a whole load of professional and personal experience.

Marketing and social media internship

I had such an amazing internship with African Impact! The entire office is so welcoming and really helps to make the transition as smooth as possible. I can't say enough good things about working for Olivia and Andrew. They both are dedicated to making sure you get everything you want out of the internship and really make it your own. The work is challenging enough to feel accomplished, but never too overwhelming or stressful. Ultimately, they want you to enjoy every aspect of the internship in and outside of the office. Being able to visit the projects and see first hand what you are promoting is especially rewarding. The entire experience has been life changing!