Leopard and Predator Research in South Africa
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Leopard and Predator Research in South Africa

Research in the Kruger area

Spending 2 weeks with the researchers and other volunteers in the Kruger Area has been amazing. The work and effort that is put in is inspiring. Having close encounters with the animals gives you a new perspective on how important it is we work towards saving them. I would recommend this project to anyone who is willing to get their hands dirty and do the hard work necessary to have an impact.

Large predators

I found this program to be very inviting when i first arrived. meaning i never felt isolated, everyone including staff were always kind and always gave the right information when it came to orientations, facts on drive and instruction when came to work in the field. either it be community, research or conservation. originally i was only going to be here for 2 months, after a short period of time I released I wanted to extend my stay due to the my love of the area and the work I was doing with my African impact family.

African Impact, large predator research & conservation project

Writing a review about experience about a project like this in 200 words is difficult. Because from start to finish I enjoyed every minute and who all become a family with a common goal and shared passion and for something like that aren't enough words. maybe the best thing to say is after 3 days I already was planning my trip to come back for 3 months and hope fully in the future as an assistant for 6 months. Their is not one thing to complain about.

Amazing

Dumela lodge and the dumela family is amazing. friendly supportive educational and encouraging are all ways. I would describe the jumela community. I developed friendships had fun and woke up happy every single day. Big thanks you to all

African Impact

I loved my time volunteering with African Impact at Dunela Lodge. We always learned new things from the guides, and very drive was fun and eventful. I wish I could come back at some point in the future.

Amazing experience

I spent two weeks volunteering in Greater Kruger Area. The program is very well managed, everything works perfectly, staff is extremely helpful and flexible. The project work is fascinating and really creates a huge positive impact in the area. And of course you have plenty of opportunities to see a wildlife, including big 5.

Come explore, get inspired, and make your impact!

African impact has amazing programs all over Africa that one will, in no doubt, be right for you. Every program is extremely well planned out by thoughtful coordinators and no matter which program you choose, you will have the time of your life and go home as a better, more worldly, and more cultured person.

T.I.A

''I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy'' -Ernest Hemingway
T.I.A, This Is Africa...it simply is, how can you describe Africa in one word? And add to it meeting new incredible people, saving the world, making a difference, feeling important, feeling happy... how would you summarize all that? You simply can't because it is so close to perfection

Volunteering with Africa Impact in Greater Kruger area

I have been completing this review after a month of my volunteering program ended. This allowed me to get some time to think about the project I registered in from a step away and see it more realistically and objectively. Although I do not rate the program as "excellent" it was a good, sometimes happy, sometimes boring, sometimes busy, sometimes disappointing but definitely it was a time/experience that will stay in my heart for a long, very long time...

Big five research and conservation project 2017

This project has been one of the best experience of my life. I absolutely adored staying here and working on the project, as well as meeting so many new faces. It breaks my heart that I'll be leaving soon and if i got the opportunity to come again, I'd be on my plane before you could finish counting to ten.

Great experience

Had a great time staying at Dumela Lodge. The project meets your desires as a tourist while also putting you to good use in service of the environment and local communities. The staff helps create a positive social environment which completes the experience.

African Impact

It was a nice month with african impact. I'm looking forward to come back. Unfortunately the Photography project was not available. I think it is not possible to get informed so late about the availability of your project. The research part was very amazing.