Holistic Horse Management Internship in Zimbabwe
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Holistic Horse Management Internship in Zimbabwe

Only here

To come to antelope park is a experience that you cant replicate anywhere else. To see so many of Africa's great wild animals and meet so many amazing and dedicated people in this beautiful park is fab.

Antelope park

Overall Really happy with my stay! Good food, Nice people. Sometimes it feels like we do randoms things that doesn't have with lion to do, and i sign up for the lion project so i want to so things for them.

Stables internship

This s the third time I have been to Antelope Park and I can't stop going back. I love the people, the horses and the staff. The best project I've been to. Everyone is really welcoming and nice. And the horses are just so well trained and nice. And to be able to spend the whole days with the donkey Jackie makes the experience perfect!

5 weeks on lion and horse

An unforgettable experience that without doubt was the fastest, most enjoyable 5 weeks of my life. Not only did I get the opportunity to improve my riding ability but also combined this with the surreal experience of walking with lions and seeing game on a daily basis. I would highly recommend this project to any animal fanatic that wants to throw themselves into something completely different.

My stay at the Antelope Park - horse stables

I was at the Antelope park for 3 weeks and it was really a wonderful experience. I met a lot of people from all over the world, walked with lions, with elephants, cooked for the children from the streets, played and teached the children from the orphanage. I worked with 35 horses and was with the guests at the horse safaris, where I saw a lot of animals. I was never a good rider and my confidence was poor, I have to admit, that my riding improved in 3 weeks and I also had riding lessons with an excellent teacher. I also had the opportunity to see wild white rhinos at the Matopos park and I went to the Victoria falls. It was really a life time experience.

Antelope park

Carrying out a volunteer placement at Antelope park is on if the best things you can ever do. It's so amazing that this was the second time I have been to Antelope park, and will definitely be more occasions in the future. Everyone there is so so friendly and welcoming, that you feel part of the family straight away. You get to experience some amazing things, from riding through the bush as the sun rises, to walking with the lion cubs. No matter what project you do, everyone gets to experience the park for the first few days.

Antelope Park- stables and lion combo project

Volunteering at antelope park has been a truly amazing experience. The whole team is very welcoming and encourage you to make the most out of your time there giving you the opportunity to get involved in aspects of all projects. Everyone is ready help and most importantly up for a laugh!

Safari stables

I think it was really well run. Each night we had a meeting and discussed what each person would be doing the next day and it was super easy to check the board if you had forgotten anything that you were supposed to do for the next day. The scheduling was very flexible and easy to change if needed. I do think it would have been better if the stables could communicate a bit more with the project manager on what would be going on that day versus just now being told to be at the stables all day and they will tell you what to do from there. Because of this, I missed a few things that I should have been at and was confused the rest of the day on what was happening that day.

Safari stables

The programs here are run very well and I had a blast. We had meetings every night so every volunteer in each project knew exactly what they were doing and at what times each day, however my only complaint was that for stables volunteers, I was told that we would be working at the stables all day but did not get my specific schedule and exactly what we would be doing at stables each day. We were late to a few activities because we didn't have times and our exact schedule for the day. Rosa was great about letting everyone know what they were doing, I just wish that there was a bit more communication, coordination, and planning with the people that run stables so our day could be laid out like everyone else's was at meetings.

Sunrise rides, sunset carriages, and great times!

Being up everyday in time for round-up at 05:30 meant that we were out in the park as the sun was coming up, there is almost nothing more amazing than being out rounding up horses on either horseback OR motorbike (Yes guys, that is right! The Stables program has a motorbike that can be used for round-up!). Amazing animals, amazing people, and picturesque landscape. When night comes some activities are split between organized Over-night safari's or Carriage rides. Both are amazing experiences with your fellow Volunteers. Learning to ride under some of the most amazing and talented Equestrian people I have ever met was an absolute pleasure. I would definitely recommend the Stables program!

Amazing!

Rosa U did an amazing job! The hole experience was fantastic, and I will be seeing u all again in March. Ted thank u for everything.
Nice and pleasant staff.
Only downsides where : Ted has WAY to much to do. There were days where hardly ever saw u, and in my opinion, as the working stables manager, U are supposed to be in stables. U did the very best u could.
And Rosa i am sad on your behalf, and i don't think avocados make it alright to be bullied. U do an amazing job, and U don't deserve to be treated that way.

I felt that the volunteer program is very mature and experienced

I really liked Antelope Park because of both the animals and the people. I could connect with kitchen and laundry staff and animal trainers and learnt a lot. The program is very developed and I was impressed by induction that came with comprehensive information.
I wish, from my perspective, that vol leaders can sometimes be more supportive of new members and older members can actively engage with newly arrived ones. I feel myself making friends with people I came with and that there is a separation between people have had much experience in this place and those who haven't.

Amazing

Absolutely brilliant, best thing I have ever done. Rosa, Georgia and Tom were brilliant and I felt that if I ever needed anything they would be there to help me. I learnt so so much, which I hope will be invaluable when I qualify as a Vet. Gemma also was brilliant, as she let us help her with so much and taught us a lot. The whole experience was life changing. Not many people can say they were able to ride out into the bush every morning and watch the sun rise, and get to ride some incredible horses. Ted is also amazing, he cares for the horses and really looks after the volunteers during their stay. Overall all I can say, is I want to go back as quickly as I can.

Amazing!!

I had a wonderful and life-changing time at the park. The administrators of the programs are passionate and care very much about what they do. Ted would go above and beyond to make sure all of his volunteers in stables were comfortable and doing well. He really made my time at Antelope Park that much more special.

AP - An amazing experience.

I have been at antelope park now for four weeks and have had the time of my life, volunteering at the horse and lion project. Everyday has been a new adventure, starting with a sunrise roundup of the horses and ending with some time spent with the lions or elephants. I would recommend this project to anyone!