Hands-On Lion Conservation Volunteering at Antelope Park
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Hands-On Lion Conservation Volunteering at Antelope Park

JUST AMAZING

My stay here in Antelope Park has been amazing, I have met so many interesting, funny and sweet people during my stay. I really felt close to the animals in every different way, and I have learned so much about myself and the animals here in Africa.

Best decision!

It's a really amazing project where you get so close to the animals.I had 5 incredible weeks at the lion project and after this i got the opportunity to join the community project for my last 3 weeks. Both projects were amazing and i would really recommend antelope park.

Best experience of my life

Antelope Park is really an amazing project, that I have loved being a part of. Getting to be hands on with amazing animals such as lions and elephants has been incredible. Truly an experience that I would not be without! Will definitely recommend to everyone I know.

My third wonderful trip to Antelope Park

I have returned to Antelope Park for a second time, so its safe to say I love coming here! Its been so great to see old friends, make new ones and be involved with the lions and elephants again. Becoming an unofficial (this time!) Crazy Cat Lady has been wonderful too.
I have no complaints; the food has been tasty and plentiful, the activities as varied, challenging and fun as before, the staff wonderful and the animals awesome! Big thanks to Rosa for continuing to juggle a million things with aplomb..and a smile! And for running the Quiz night. Also to Dax the Head Chef for proving great food and helping myself and other volunteers with organising 2 events; providing the glasses for the drinks for the Quiz night and for carrying out a Cooking Workshop at our request! And to Yvonne, for all her hard work, not just in Research, but with all the cats especially Fat Cat. Another Crazy Cat Lady, she always goes the extra mile for them.
Only one tiny niggle that's barely worth mentioning; Carlos; is it really necessary to cut down entire trees INCASE they cause a road problem later on, when a branch trimming would do? That's what maintenance is! You don't shave your head just incase you need a hair cut in a few months time!! You might as well cut down all the trees with that way of thinking..! :-) Anyway, that was the only thing that niggled me.
To sum up, it has been another amazing trip. I've made more lovely new friends and I'm so terribly sad to leave. Keep fighting the good fight my friends, I hope to see you again soon!

Medical and lions

I have had such a great time, words can not even describe how pleased I am with my stay. It has been an experience I will never forget, and one that I will definitely repeat again in the future. During the couple of weeks I was here i met so many great people, volunteers, staff and locals, they were all so friendly and welcoming! If I where to rate my stay it would be a 10 out of 10 on all points, the food, the service, facilities, projects and the way everything is so well organized. A huge thank you Antelope park, you are dong a great job! I think it is so amazing that I got the opportunity to combine community work and animals, and your staff are so lovely. All in all it has been a life-changing experience indeed, and many great memories! If I had to think of any potential improvements it would be that it would bee nice if the bar stayed open a little longer on the weekends , and that there is a opportunity to buy food after the coffee shop closes for those who stay up late.

You've been warned

Speaking of experience, once you decide to come here, you'll never want to leave again, and once you do - you will start planning your return. My second stay at AP has now come to an end and there is truly nothing better to spend your hard earned money on. The staff, the friends you make, the food and the animals are all the best thing you could wish for. You have officially been warned.

Six weeks at Antelope park

I was at Antelope Park for six weeks. It was an experience that I will never forget. I've made so many friends from all over the world. I've worked close with the lions and I feel that I've personally become a part of the project. Hearing the lions roar when you're going to bed. Seeing the lion handlers and how passionate they are about the lions has been an amazing experience. I really do recommend this project for all animal lovers.

An amazing place

You never want to go home because it feels like you're home. With an amazing staff and wonderful animals. I know I will come back!

There is nothing more amazing than going out on a lion walk or being on a cub sit with these amazing animals.

Amazing time at Antelope park

It was a great time being there.
All the staff and managers were so nice and helpful.
I can defently recommend this program for anybody that wants to get away somewhere to be close to the nature meet allot of amazing people and cool animals.
So go there help help everybody, help the animals, because we care about our environment and the animal kingdom.
Best regards Mattias

Antelope park

If you like animals, the African nature, or if you're just curious, you should visit Antelope Park. It is an experience for life, and the people that are working here are really good with the animals. I recommend this trip for EVERYONE.

Review

Very nice

My volunteering experience at Antelope Park

I had an amazing time at Antelope Park. You get to interact with animals and do something at the same time. The staff and people around you are always smiling and greeting you. After this trip I will have memories for life and be left with a feeling that I was a part of a group that are trying to make a difference

My time at Antelope park

My time at Antelope park has given me much more than I first expected, it has been truly amazing. The interactions with animals, getting to know new people from all over the world, learning about the culture and the country and last but not least, how important Antelope park is for the future of the lions. I will definitely be back.

My time at Antelope park

During my 2 weeks at Antelope Park I have got to do so much different things! I love how many animals I have got to meet and interact with, how much I have learned about wildlife and the local culture, and all the people I have met during my time here. I am so happy I got to do this and I would love to come back and be here longer another time.

Once in a lifetime experience!!

Volunteering at Antelope Park has been amazing. 4 weeks on project was perfect for me and allowed me enough time to be involved across all areas available to the volunteers and also the excursions such as Victoria Falls (Incredible by the way). The food was great! All the staff including reception, laundry, kitchen, lion handlers and the project manager were all extremely helpful and friendly. I came to AP alone but once you get here you make a lot of friends so it really doesn't feel like you're on your own!! The lion project is extremely hands on and you actually feel like you are contributing to something - hard work but it pays off!!!

My time in Africa

I really enjoyed my time in Africa! I have met so many amazing people, both volunteers, staff members and locals. I have also seen animals I've never seen before, and experienced things I never had done before. I feel that my time here has made an impact on the local community. This is an adventure I will remember for the rest of my life!

Overall experience!

These last couple of weeks staying at Antelope Park has been some of the best weeks of my life. Not only has every day been filled with new adventures and impressions - but the people here are amazing! The staff and all the handlers meet you every day with the biggest smiles on their faces, and meeting volunteers from all around the world makes me feel like I've got new friends for a lifetime. Everyday here is different, and each day just keeps getting better!

My experience

I enjoyed my stay at Antelope park so much! We did many different types of activities which i've never tried before. Before I came down here I was unsure if the project really was more for lions or the tourists, but now I can see that what we do here really helps the lions population grow!

Anine's review

I really liked staying at Antelope Park, you get everything like food, a place to sleep, new friends and awesome experiences. The staff at Antelope Park are so nice and all the volunteers too! I love that there are so many new things you can try, like walking with lions and elephants and prepping the food for the lions. I am glad that by staying and being a volunteer at AP we are helping the animals, and we are also able to help form and shape the life of the kids and people in Zimbabwe. I truly loved being a volunteer at AP and I love everything they do.

Best decision ever

Ever since i was a little girl I have wished to come to Africa and work with animals. Now my dream finally came true. Choosing Antelope Park has been one of the best decisions I have made. The activities are very good and you really get to do a lot of different things especially on the lion project. Choosing the lions made it possible to jump on the other projects as well. I have not had a single bad day while being here. Furthermore, the staff at Antelope park are so friendly and they are always up to something fun. I will definitely come back one day, not only for the project but because of the staff as well.

Trip of a lifetime!

Although I was paying out of pocket to volunteer, I couldn't have chosen a better way to spend my money, or my time. Antelope Park gave me the hands on experience I needed to pursue a career with animals when I return home, not only was I doing incredible things with these massive, wild animals, I was also caring for them, learning from them, and discovering each individuals personalities. I'll leave Africa with a little piece of it forever in my heart, with hopes of returning one day. The staff and handles are amazing, talented individuals. I've made life long friends and lasting memories. I could not be happier with the time spent here. If you're contemplating volunteering with African Impacts, in particular Antelope Park, I'd say you're making the right decision.

Best decision I've ever made

My name is Line and I've spend the past 4 weeks on the lion/photography project. As a person who wants to do everything at one time, I found this project perfect for me. In 4 weeks I haven't had a single day being the exact same, everyday I've experienced something new and even more exciting than the day before. Even though I went here on my own I never felt like I was alone, it's like having an extra family to come home to at the end of every day. I would definitely recommend this project to everyone I know.

Lion project

I was here for only 2 weeks, and I wish I could have stayed longer. 2 weeks was not enough time to experience and appreciate this amazing facility. The work that is put into making the Lion Conservation project succeed is amazing. Get ready to work hard, but be rewarded immensely for it. Amazing facility!!!!

Adventuring in Antelope Park

Is hard to ignore the beauty of this place! The animals, surroundings and staff will make you want to stay for ever. I recommend this if you are looking of an escape from reality & love working (hard) with animals.

Officially my second home

My stay here has been absolutely amazing, I loved it all so much and when I first came it was way better then what i might have thought it would be. For me it was definitely the people that did the whole trip, just made it so much better. I went on this journey alone and made friends for life here, writing everything about my stay here just doesn't do it justice! It has changed my life and my perspective on things. The stuff they do here is really great, and you can just see how much change they do and improvements for the animals. You really feel like this is somewhat of a second home, and everyone is so friendly.